Help with TWP

Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:48 am
Just Joined

salsahot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with TWP

Hello everyone. Pleeeease can you advise on what would be best?

We arrived here April last year on 1 year TWP which expires March 26th. Due to problems with my husband's employer (you all know how the story goes, most likely!!), we have only now found work with another emplyoyer.
so at the moment, his future employer is doing the work to get LMO. Now what should we do if we don't get new TWP in time before March 26th? Can we stay as visitors? Can we go and try to get TWP at POE? Please can someone tell me what would be best?

Thanks soooo much,
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:55 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with TWP

Hi

Originally Posted by salsahot
Hello everyone. Pleeeease can you advise on what would be best?

We arrived here April last year on 1 year TWP which expires March 26th. Due to problems with my husband's employer (you all know how the story goes, most likely!!), we have only now found work with another emplyoyer.
so at the moment, his future employer is doing the work to get LMO. Now what should we do if we don't get new TWP in time before March 26th? Can we stay as visitors? Can we go and try to get TWP at POE? Please can someone tell me what would be best?

Thanks soooo much,
1. You can apply for an extension as a visitor to Vegreville.
2. If your spouse gets an approved LMO, then you can apply for a work permit at a port of entry.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You can apply for an extension as a visitor to Vegreville.
2. If your spouse gets an approved LMO, then you can apply for a work permit at a port of entry.
Hi thanx very much. When you say apply for an extension as a visitor is that so that we can stay in the country waiting for work permit extensions?

Please explain further.

Cheers
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by salsahot
Hi thanx very much. When you say apply for an extension as a visitor is that so that we can stay in the country waiting for work permit extensions?

Please explain further.

Cheers
Well when the WP runs out your status runs out, so you either have a new LMO and have applied for a new work permit or your out of status. So you either apply for extension as a visitor or you leave the country.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Well when the WP runs out your status runs out, so you either have a new LMO and have applied for a new work permit or your out of status. So you either apply for extension as a visitor or you leave the country.
Thanks. By the time WP runs out we will be in the mids of applying for extension of TWP so does this mean we can stay?! Or we still need the extension as a visitor. Sorry about all these questions...just want to be sure I am doing the right thing! Cheers
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

My understanding is that if you have applied for a new work permit prior to the date your current work permit expires and they haven't yet reached a decision, then you can continue working under 'implied status' until you either receive your new WP, or they decide that for whatever reason, they aren't going to issue you one.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:58 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by Alanandson
My understanding is that if you have applied for a new work permit prior to the date your current work permit expires and they haven't yet reached a decision, then you can continue working under 'implied status' until you either receive your new WP, or they decide that for whatever reason, they aren't going to issue you one.
You should note the OP will be applying for a work permit for a NEW employer, there is no implied status as he can't start work until he receives a work permit.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

my bad. As you were..
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You should note the OP will be applying for a work permit for a NEW employer, there is no implied status as he can't start work until he receives a work permit.
Thank you good folk so much! I am applying for extension as visitors forthwith.