Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help! Trying to get wife and daughter back into Canada from NZ!

Help! Trying to get wife and daughter back into Canada from NZ!

Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

drsdt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! Trying to get wife and daughter back into Canada from NZ!

Hope someone might be able to help.

My wife had to leave Canada(in February) and fly back to NZ for a bereavement. She did this before we were able to apply for her citizenship, but still within the six months that she was allowed to be here. Earlier last year she had to fly back to the UK for a short visit and was told upon returning to Canada that she had six months to apply for her citizenship and her file would be "red flagged." Due to a death in the family and waiting for forms to arrive from NZ, we were unable to get the application sent off.
She's hoping to fly back to Canada later this month with my daughter (who has a British passport and a Canadian citizenship application underway).

Do you know if you have to wait a certain period before re-entering Canada?

I've heard stories of people leaving for one day, coming back and getting another six month stamp on their passport.
I can't see there being a problem with immigration, but don't want my wife and daughter to fly all the way to Canada and then be refused entry.

If anyone knows or has experience with a similar matter, any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help! Trying to get wife and daughter back into Canada from NZ!

Do you mean citizenship or Pr? These are totally different things.
Is she entering Canada on a PR or visitor visa, as she can't get citizenship without getting PR first and living in Canada for minimum of 3 years.
You didn't give very much information