Help or tips needed!!! Please!

Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:38 am
Just Joined

celticgoddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help or tips needed!!! Please!

I am a Canadian and my bf of a year is a UK citizen. He is living there and I am here in Canada. He was able to get a job so we went thru the process for the Labour Market Opinion and it has as of today been refused. We, along with the employer, hope to be able to appeal this decision but are now waiting for the paperwork.

We had been planning on him having a work permit to come and live and work. I simply cannot support him and myself on my salary alone.

If we lose an appeal (if we are even able to appeal it) what are our other options. I'm not really wanting to get married to get him here. I want to make sure our relationship is going to work out before I cross that bridge.

I have been trying to look for other options and alternatives but I am not having any luck...

Can any please give some tips or suggestions...
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help or tips needed!!! Please!

How old is he? If he is between the ages of 18 and 30 he could come over for a year on a Bunac work visa if there are any left!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:43 am
Just Joined

celticgoddess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lynsi
How old is he? If he is between the ages of 18 and 30 he could come over for a year on a Bunac work visa if there are any left!
he's 35 in a few weeks..... so as tempting as that would be it won't work...
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:44 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by celticgoddess
I am a Canadian and my bf of a year is a UK citizen. He is living there and I am here in Canada. He was able to get a job so we went thru the process for the Labour Market Opinion and it has as of today been refused. We, along with the employer, hope to be able to appeal this decision but are now waiting for the paperwork.

We had been planning on him having a work permit to come and live and work. I simply cannot support him and myself on my salary alone.

If we lose an appeal (if we are even able to appeal it) what are our other options. I'm not really wanting to get married to get him here. I want to make sure our relationship is going to work out before I cross that bridge.

I have been trying to look for other options and alternatives but I am not having any luck...

Can any please give some tips or suggestions...
There is no appeal process, Service Canada should have given the employer a reason why the LMO was refused. If the employer can overcome the reason, then they can reapply, otherwise that is it.