Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

Old Nov 26th 2011, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

remember you might have a wait of a couple of hours while they make their decision.they just looked at hubbys paper work asked him a couple of questions then told him to sit down while they made their decision.bout an hour later came bk asked him another question then granted TRP and TWP for $150.

Old Nov 26th 2011, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

Cheers irishgirl, we gave been waiting over 23 weeks for this. lol. A few hours at the airport sounds like nothing. Although we will probably be nervous wrecks during them hours.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

ed said it was the longest day of his life and mine too waiting for the phone to ring.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

well any update.did he get his TRP?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point

We made it!!

Just woken up after our first sleep in Montreal, such a long tiring day yesterday no time to update when we arrived.

Basically in a nut shell, the immigration officers were not massively happy when we told then we would like to apply for my partners TRP and TWP at the border, and said that it's very rare for them to grant them this way. This scared us so much and there was about a 30 minute period where we both definitely thought he would have to go home!

But after explaining our case to them, showing them our docs etc, they actually started to warm to us and one thing that massively helped in our favour is the way CIC in London dealt with our case. They told us that they totally thought us waiting 6 months for a response for his TRP application was unreasonable and that we should have heard back by now, since we applied in June.

So they granted my partner a TRP and TWP valid for a year and told us in that year hopefully the embassy will finish his proper TRP application.

So yeah, we are over the moon!! Such a massive weight has been lifted. I need to contact the CIC in London and tell them NOT to close my partners TRP file, since we are in Canada now. And hope that at some point in the next year they reply with his full TRP for the full duration of my work permit.

Thanks again for all the support, still getting over the shock now! :-D
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thats great .good luck with your new life.