Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

I just sent them an email this morning to [email protected] as per your advice. Fingers crossed!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

hope u get a reply really soon. let us know how u get on.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your kind words...

Anyone else have any knowledge or Temporary Resisent Permits?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You could take a look at the CIC manual on TRP's - see if it offers any insight?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op20-eng.pdf

Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Moondoggy
I didn't know we could have applied at POE, but another frustrating thing is that the embassy currently has my partners passport, for his TRP application.

15 weeks now they have had his passport!! Hence why I desperately need to contact them to find out WHEN he will get it back. We have alternative travel plans as a Plan B, if we can't go to Canada, but can't do anything without his passport! So frustrating...

You probably could have applied at the POE for your TWP but with him being inadmissible, he probably would have found himself on a plane home.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

he could have applied for his TRP at POE as well.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, since joining this forum I actually found the OP 20 document and have been reading it. It's actually made me quite happy because since reading that document I am almost certain that it would be very difficult to reject giving him a TRP given their own guidlines:
i.e All of the bullet points in section 10 can be answered with a positive response about my partners situation AND section 11.2. - How to determine if criminal inadmissibility is minor all bullet points conclusevely points to my partners criminal offence as being classed as “minor”. He has zero chance of re-offending, has had TWO other jobs after the offence, and also letters stating his good character and that he would be offered re-employment again. (I think this is very useful, given his offence was at a previous job)

In my mind the only decision is weather or not him accompanying me to Canada as my partner is a good enough reason to grant him a TRP... I guess nobody can know how an immigration worker would decide that.

Yes PMM even if I knew we would apply for his TRP at the POE before I sent off our application, I wouldn't have risked it. Given that my new job is paying for our flights and temp accomodation when we get to Canada, I wanted to do things all formal and proper from the original application. Flying from the UK to Canada not knowing if he would be allowed in or not, would seem slightly unprofessional in my eyes.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

a personal choice obviously.unprofessional. dont think so.
was only offering you advice from our own experience.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Irishgirl, I didnt meant generally, I just meant for our situation. For others, such as yourself, it would be perfectly fine and make more sense. Didn't mean to offend.

I just meant because my company are paying for our flights and currently waiting for us to come to Canada, I wouldnt want to tell them that when we land we MIGHT not be allowed in.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone here applied for a TRP from the London embassy? Can anyone share time taken or a rough timeline so I know what similar applicants have had to wait.

Thanks.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

a person i asked on here before.thing they were waiting 5 mths.but that was a couple of years ago. still no reply from email.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

No, didn't get any reply from email yesterday. Fingers crossed for hearing something early next week!
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

when they contacted you a few weeks ago did they give you a ref num.if so make sure you quote this
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I have our file number for the application and I make sure I always include this anytime I contact them.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

well you should def get a reply then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.