Help with Spouse Medical Form

Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Dry will become famous soon enough
Default Help with Spouse Medical Form

Hi Guys, we have tried Wiki and cannot find anything in relation to our question. I am a Canadian citizen living in the U.K. and in the process of sponsoring my husband who is a British Citizen. We have made an appointment for his medical with DMP (Dr Mary Adams) and received appointment letter requesting either section A form or Appendix D form. In our application packs there is only an Appendix C which instructs to take with you on your appointment with DMP.

Question: will this form suffice or do I need to find (and where do we find it) section A form or appendix D form and if so, why is it not already included in our application packs.

Any help will be much apprectiated,
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

bimchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with Spouse Medical Form

Hi,

I just made the appointment for my husband's medical exam in the caribbean--they told me to bring the section 3 forms and nothing else, so I would just bring what you got in your packet.

Are you getting your medicals done upfront? Are you waiting until the medicals are done to send in the forms or can that be sent in afterward? I can't find that answer...and there's no one for me to call at the trinidad and tobago consulate.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Canada Dry
Hi Guys, we have tried Wiki and cannot find anything in relation to our question. I am a Canadian citizen living in the U.K. and in the process of sponsoring my husband who is a British Citizen. We have made an appointment for his medical with DMP (Dr Mary Adams) and received appointment letter requesting either section A form or Appendix D form. In our application packs there is only an Appendix C which instructs to take with you on your appointment with DMP.

Question: will this form suffice or do I need to find (and where do we find it) section A form or appendix D form and if so, why is it not already included in our application packs.

Any help will be much apprectiated,
You need to take the basic form in the pack that asks for basic details (sorry cant remember the appendix/section no.)

The doctor will supply the actual medical forms on the day.

Remember to take photo's (details in the application pack) and your passport.

Also remember to get your copy of the medical receipt as you will need to include is in your app as proof of medical.

All pretty simple really.... you'll wonder why you were ever worried!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bimchick
Hi,

I just made the appointment for my husband's medical exam in the caribbean--they told me to bring the section 3 forms and nothing else, so I would just bring what you got in your packet.

Are you getting your medicals done upfront? Are you waiting until the medicals are done to send in the forms or can that be sent in afterward? I can't find that answer...and there's no one for me to call at the trinidad and tobago consulate.
Hi there, yes my husband's medical will be done upfront along with the police check. Then the spouse has to send all documents together, you have to enclose the checklist with your application and on item 27 of the checklist it states medical papers needed. Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5491E.PDF

The way we read it everything has to be sent all together at once, including proof of payment fees etc. Hope this helps you.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Hi there, yes my husband's medical will be done upfront along with the police check. Then the spouse has to send all documents together, you have to enclose the checklist with your application and on item 27 of the checklist it states medical papers needed. Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5491E.PDF

The way we read it everything has to be sent all together at once, including proof of payment fees etc. Hope this helps you.
Spousal applications are pretty quick.... It is best practice to send everything together (Sponsorship Application, Residence Application, Medicals, Fees, etc)... Then the application will be processed straight off. If you omit anything then add extra months to ask for the extra docs.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Spousal applications are pretty quick.... It is best practice to send everything together (Sponsorship Application, Residence Application, Medicals, Fees, etc)... Then the application will be processed straight off. If you omit anything then add extra months to ask for the extra docs.
Thank you for your response. Can't wait to start our new life in Canada.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

bimchick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link Canada Dry. I need something to prove that I'll be taking up residence with my sponsored spouse...maybe I should record myself b****ing about not being in Canada...hahah

Hope everything goes well for you
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bimchick
Thanks for the link Canada Dry. I need something to prove that I'll be taking up residence with my sponsored spouse...maybe I should record myself b****ing about not being in Canada...hahah

Hope everything goes well for you
Hi, we have to show plans for moving and living in Canada so we are providing copy of contract with estate agent proving our property is up for sale and also a detailed plan of our intentions to by a Bed & Breakfast business. Hope all goes well for you too,
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we have to show plans for moving and living in Canada so we are providing copy of contract with estate agent proving our property is up for sale and also a detailed plan of our intentions to by a Bed & Breakfast business. Hope all goes well for you too,
Sounds like you're in a very similar position to myself 3 years ago. Your DMP was also the nearest one to us (we used to live in Chester) and we moved to Canada and bought at B&B (or rather, the other way around!)

Last edited by AlexInBC; Nov 4th 2008 at 9:17 pm. Reason: to many "nearests" :)
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Sounds like you're in a very similar position to myself 3 years ago. Your DMP was also the nearest one that was nearest to us (we used to live in Chester) and we moved to Canada and bought at B&B (or rather, the other way around!)
Hi there, are you still enjoying life in B.C. and running your B&B? We are looking at Niagara on the Lake visited last Summer and fell in love. Only been back to Canada the once, always returned to sunny Florida, but too complicated to move there, so made a decision to return home. Just have to sell our property which is proving difficult with the current market, very frustrating, never mind, just have to sit this one through. Live in Blackpool (say nothing )
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, are you still enjoying life in B.C. and running your B&B? We are looking at Niagara on the Lake visited last Summer and fell in love. Only been back to Canada the once, always returned to sunny Florida, but too complicated to move there, so made a decision to return home. Just have to sell our property which is proving difficult with the current market, very frustrating, never mind, just have to sit this one through. Live in Blackpool (say nothing )
LOVING life in BC, but (and you probably want to look away now ) we're probably not going to be doing B&B any more... It's not really for me.

We're in a location where most visitors only stay one night, and every night is booked for June, July & August, so it's pretty much 3 months of continual cleaning and laundry, which is a real bind during my boys' Summer hols. If we were older (i.e. kids had left home) then I think it'd be a different matter, but I'm basically fed up of being so tied to the property all Summer long when we came out here to spend more quality time together.

The B&B was a safety net to get some guaranteed income in the early stages, but has only ever been small scale (a 1 bedroom suite, with sofa-bed in the living room, a bathroom, kitchenette, dining area, etc) so it can only accomodate a family of 4 (or 5 max) at any one time. I can earn more fixing PC's in the time that I was spending cleaning, and I know which is less effort

This Summer was great because we rented the place out to one family from June - October, and we've someone who's just said they'll take it from mid-Nov - April, so it's still going to be working for us, but without my daily input

"House sell quickly" karma sent
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
LOVING life in BC, but (and you probably want to look away now ) we're probably not going to be doing B&B any more... It's not really for me.

We're in a location where most visitors only stay one night, and every night is booked for June, July & August, so it's pretty much 3 months of continual cleaning and laundry, which is a real bind during my boys' Summer hols. If we were older (i.e. kids had left home) then I think it'd be a different matter, but I'm basically fed up of being so tied to the property all Summer long when we came out here to spend more quality time together.

The B&B was a safety net to get some guaranteed income in the early stages, but has only ever been small scale (a 1 bedroom suite, with sofa-bed in the living room, a bathroom, kitchenette, dining area, etc) so it can only accomodate a family of 4 (or 5 max) at any one time. I can earn more fixing PC's in the time that I was spending cleaning, and I know which is less effort

This Summer was great because we rented the place out to one family from June - October, and we've someone who's just said they'll take it from mid-Nov - April, so it's still going to be working for us, but without my daily input

"House sell quickly" karma sent
My sister owns a B&B in Wales, so we have in the past looked after the business and two dogs!! whilst they go on hols and so we have had some experience, so I know what you are saying about the cleaning etc. We won't have more than three rooms as then it would become a motel, and were not that keen!!! That's great renting out for longer periods, good idea and giving you more time with family. My son is grown up now and lives away, so we have no dependants with us. Thanks for your kind thoughts about selling our house. Take care and hopefully keep renting for longer times.