Help with spousal sponsorship

Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

paulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to allpaulandsophia is a name known to all
Default Help with spousal sponsorship

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and was looking for some help.

I am Canadian and my partner is British.
We currently live in our respective countries and plan to marry next month. After which we will start the family class sponsorship for him to join me in Canada.

My problem is looking at the application forms we would need to provide proof of divorce or the end of any previous common law relationship. My partner is divorced so this is not a problem but I was in a common law relationship and have no proof that this has legally ended.
Can anyone suggest what proof is required? I haven't lived with my ex partner for 18 months and have nothing to do with him.

Really hoping someone can set mymind at rest that this won't present a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sophia
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:54 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with spousal sponsorship

I think your marriage certificate should serve that purpose.