Help! SINP PR App.

Old Jan 7th 2015, 9:39 am
Just Joined

John87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! SINP PR App.

Hi everyone,

Could I have some advice on PNP PR Please?

Me and the family are flying to Saskatchewan in March and my employer has advised I get the ball rolling with PR now.

I'm looking at the processing times for PR and thinking about the Police Checks (I need UK and Germany).

Should I just wait? I've got all the forms for ACPO ready to send but I don't want to fork out £90 just for them to expire.

I read on this forum that you can have the German one authorized by the police but they said that its at their discretion and they didn't want to. So again do I risk forking out for a Notary Public and two lots of checks?

Also would the German one expire if I don't go back there ie it would be impossible for me to create an entry?

The rest of the application is ready to go and I really want to send it this week if I don't need the police checks yet.

Any input would be welcome

Thanks

John
Old Jan 7th 2015, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Help! SINP PR App.

Also if I get the PC form notarized ect. Ready to send at a monuments notice will they be unhappy with the age on the signatures?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:59 am
Just Joined

I've decided to go ahead without the police checks.

I'll be sure and post the outcome so that if I have made a mistake then someone else look for some help won't make the same one.

If anyone has left them out before can you tell me what the explain action said please?

Last edited by John87; Jan 8th 2015 at 7:45 am.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Changed my mind and applied for PCs today.

It's really depressing to think that no one wants to help me.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

are you at the stage of sending the pr application off to the cic? I think they can allow you to send the police checks in at a later date if you include a letter saying you have applied for them and will forward them later(or that's what the bc pnp guide letter said anyway), I just got police check and sent it all of at once, you have around 6 months from when you get the pnp nomination to get everything in order, it took me a few days over a month of gathering things before I finally sent off the pr application pack.

I think the police checks have to be within 3 months from when they are recieved by the cic.

I have no idea about the german one
Old Jan 9th 2015, 6:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John87
Changed my mind and applied for PCs today.

It's really depressing to think that no one wants to help me.
If BE is such a disappointment to you in the lack of instant responses and help, then perhaps an immigration consultant/lawyer might be more appropriate? Your comment above, and the one I deleted on your other thread, aren't really great netiquette.

This is a forum, which means we're all volunteers and you may therefore not get the answers you want, or as quickly as you'd like. It may just be that nobody can answer your questions as they're too specific (very few on the forum - if any - will have sent a PR app in without police certs), or that they've had a busy few days at work.

You get what you pay for I'm afraid, and if you want guaranteed answers then this isn't the place to get them!
Old Jan 9th 2015, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Palmerq they're already in the post .

I don't think I need a consultant, just 1 or 2 people saying "I wouldn't risk it" or "it's only £90". You can see my question is 3 days old with 130 views.

I have other posts from the summer too, I was worried that I was coming across rude or too demanding and putting people off helping.

I'm sorry, but I don't like you patronizing tone.

Here is some information that will put the issue to bed;

"Based on the advice of a registered immigration consultant (a contact we have here) she indicated that she would send the application with current completed police records checks, as if you submit without them that can hold up your application processing times even further and in her experience candidates have never been asked to resubmit. Now she also told me to tell you that she cannot guarantee that they will not ask for them later, as it is the government and sometimes they change their minds and do funny things that are against common sense but she said if it was her that she would risk it."

Last edited by John87; Jan 9th 2015 at 8:55 pm. Reason: Absentmindedness
Old Jan 10th 2015, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

It's a pretty nervy time sending off all this stuff :S I was also pretty worried about this.

Just incase you're wondering the time it takes for the cio sydney(if that's where you sent it to) to email saying they have it and to take your money was, for me, a few days under 2 months so you have a bit of a wait there too, although it could well have slowed down since last july..
Old Jan 10th 2015, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks again pq. The plan is to get all this done now before it starts getting crazy here with packing and selling everything. Then leave towards the end of March and start the new job in April. So I won't have time to worry about it, hopefully.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:19 am
Just Joined

My police checks came back last week and I have submitted my PR app!

For anyone in the forces the German justice dept accept RMP station as a "foreign Authority" and they take about two weeks.

I had a wide spectrum of quotes for translation from £15 for next day to £95+Vat with a for day turn around so do get a few quotes.

48 days until we fly!