Help running out of time for PR

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

DoreenS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help running out of time for PR

This is my problem I want to go to home to Scotland for a vacation in September but I need a PR card. I could not find my record of landing so I reapplied for a copy of it, and they told me it will take up to three months to get especially since I have been here since 1966. When I receive it I will then apply for my PR card but I undertand that can take a couple of months, I do not think I am going to have enough time and I am getting in a panic. People have told me that I can get a tempory travel document but I have to apply at a Canadian Visa Office, and since there is not one in Scotland I would have to go to London to get it. Can anyone help me with this or offer some advice, I am getting really frustrated and something like going home for a vacation is turning into very worrying time.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:05 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help running out of time for PR

Hi Doreen

Originally posted by DoreenS
This is my problem I want to go to home to Scotland for a vacation in September but I need a PR card. I could not find my record of landing so I reapplied for a copy of it, and they told me it will take up to three months to get especially since I have been here since 1966. When I receive it I will then apply for my PR card but I undertand that can take a couple of months, I do not think I am going to have enough time and I am getting in a panic. People have told me that I can get a tempory travel document but I have to apply at a Canadian Visa Office, and since there is not one in Scotland I would have to go to London to get it. Can anyone help me with this or offer some advice, I am getting really frustrated and something like going home for a vacation is turning into very worrying time.
Once you get the copy of your Landing record, then send a copy of air ticket with your application for the PR card and it will be processed on a priority basis.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pr-card/urgent-cases.html
for instructions.

PMM
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by DoreenS

youre not the only one im afraid. ive GOT to go back in november or i get taken to court by my ex husband and face a possible prison sentance for not complying with him. if i go then i might not be let back into canada!! i know where youre coming from!!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ukjo
youre not the only one im afraid. ive GOT to go back in november or i get taken to court by my ex husband and face a possible prison sentance for not complying with him. if i go then i might not be let back into canada!! i know where youre coming from!!
prison for "not complying" with your ex husband? where are you going back to... afghanistan?
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bighead
prison for "not complying" with your ex husband? where are you going back to... afghanistan?

lmao...beleive me it would be so much better to go to afghanastan than to my ex!!!!lol

we've got a court order as we've got "joint" custody of the kids and i have to go back for him to see them twice a year. well me personally have to go back to keep the parents quiet rather than see him!!