Help re references

Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Help re references

Hi All,

Am nearing the end of my 120 day e-mail stage and am getting worried

One of my previous employers has only given me a basic reference (ie start date - finish date) and has stated on the bottom that this is company policy.

However, I was counting on a more detailed reference as my job counted towards the requirements for the NOC code I am applying under. The company paid for my college courses including an NCQ level 3 which is work based - this is for 7241 - Electrician.

I had recently spoken to my line manager who had promised to provide a more detailed reference stating my duties within the code. I had worked for the company for 7 years so this was a huge part of my employment history.

He has since appeared to have gone to ground (the company is still trading and is a large multinational business) and am now at a loss as to what to do - does anyone have any advice or encountered a similar problem??

Many thanks,

Graham
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:17 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help re references

Originally Posted by graham and george
Hi All,

Am nearing the end of my 120 day e-mail stage and am getting worried

One of my previous employers has only given me a basic reference (ie start date - finish date) and has stated on the bottom that this is company policy.

However, I was counting on a more detailed reference as my job counted towards the requirements for the NOC code I am applying under. The company paid for my college courses including an NCQ level 3 which is work based - this is for 7241 - Electrician.

I had recently spoken to my line manager who had promised to provide a more detailed reference stating my duties within the code. I had worked for the company for 7 years so this was a huge part of my employment history.

He has since appeared to have gone to ground (the company is still trading and is a large multinational business) and am now at a loss as to what to do - does anyone have any advice or encountered a similar problem??

Many thanks,

Graham
Original job description and/or contract of employment?
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: Help re references

Hi Avaitor

I have a contract but this just states my hours,pay,and holiday. I was taken on as a field service engineer but my duties are not listed in my contract and the company have not supplied a job description which I have requested but simply the standard reference. . . I do however have in writing that they paid for my electrical college courses.
I was made redundant by the company last October and have detailed documentation from my meeting stating that I carried out the main duties as per NOC code 4241 unfortunately not on letter headed paper but written by HR/management of the company should CIC need to contact them - hoping they have more luck tham me