Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help - PR letter received after deadline

Help - PR letter received after deadline

Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Caddug is on a distinguished road
Default Help - PR letter received after deadline

Hi

I am being sponsored under the family class by my husband. We are already in NS as my husband had to start his job and we wanted to settle the children in school.

A letter was sent out from London on 6th August which has only just arrived today.

This letter requests my passport and photos and states that failure to communicate with them within 10 days of 6th August will result in application being refused and file being closed.

I did send an email to London on 22nd August saying that I had not received it (I replied to an email they had sent) but received no reply.

Is it likely that they have closed the file and I will have to start my application again?

I have contacted them today, explaining that it was only received today and gave them the registered post ref no. s

Has anyone had this problem?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:21 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - PR letter received after deadline

Did they know you were in NS? Ten days is ridiculous not to say virtually impossible. When do your medicals expire? I am looking for some rational explanation here.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Yes, We explained that we had moved and gave my husband's work address as the mailing address, as we were in rented accommodation without access to a post box. The online status still says "Descision Made", so I hope they haven't closed it off. Will just have to wait for reply, do't want to send off my passport without it.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:47 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I fear a double deaf problem here with the visa office waiting for your passports and you waiting for some kind of confirmation that they indeed want you to send them in. Do as asked originally.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim

Have now sent them passport via Fedex and have emailed them to that effect

Will just have to wait and see
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

After sending my passports off to London, have just had an email back saying that they cannot issue a visa and that I will have to have another medical (have found the original and it is dated 28th September).

I assume that I can have a medical here in Canada and that they will then send to London. I don't as yet have a doctor here, no medical records they are still with my old GP in UK (would not give us the records). Is this going to cause a problem? Any idea of the costs involved and time involved for this?

As my visitor visa is valid until 22 December, I assume I will have to extend it.

Once I receive my passport back assuming my medical is OK, do I then go out of the Country and come back in again?

Hope you can Help

Thanks