help with PR card

Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

perkinsgap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with PR card

I am returning to long haul trucking and have bought myself a truck but my
PR card has expired and I have sent off for my new one I have even got a flight ticket with the hope it will speed things up that was the advice I got from cic when I rang them. its been 2 weeks since they got it. I need it back for the start of March. Which is when my truck is due to be delivered what my question is if I haven't got my PR card back will I be able to cross the boarder with out it
or will i run it to lots of trouble

thx
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with PR card

Depends on where you are crossing and what mood the CBSA officer is in.
Where are you returning from?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Legally speaking you dont need the PR card to drive across the border. But see also the answer above and be prepared to argue the point if necessary.

The fact you have an application in and it hasnt been processed yet wont hurt.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

perkinsgap is an unknown quantity at this point

I could cross anywhere I drive all over US I could be in the US once a week 4 days at a time
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Im assuming that you are in Canada and the flight ticket is for flying to the US as opposed to you flying back from the UK.
Do you still have your COPR? Plus print off the confirmation and payment details in regard to your renwal for PR card and you will be fine.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im assuming that you are in Canada and the flight ticket is for flying to the US as opposed to you flying back from the UK.
Do you still have your COPR? Plus print off the confirmation and payment details in regard to your renwal for PR card and you will be fine.
The flight was bought in order to expedite the PR card. Where its to and from is surely immaterial?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
The flight was bought in order to expedite the PR card. Where its to and from is surely immaterial?
Why would a flight expedite a PR card
I was more concerned that he was in the UK and flying back without a PR card and that sending a copy of his flight would somehow expedite the process.
Gotta love that CIC call centre
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Why would a flight expedite a PR card
Because its solid proof of a set travel date, one of the requirements for them to expedite a renewal.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...how.asp#urgent
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Because its solid proof of a set travel date, one of the requirements for them to expedite a renewal.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...how.asp#urgent
Even I have Homer moments
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:28 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Even I have Homer moments
I had no idea you dabbled in greek poetry
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I had no idea you dabbled in greek poetry
Reading some of these threads its sometimes all Greek to me