help please work history

Old Apr 25th 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

livylegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question help please work history

Hey guys,

Sorry to bug you all again but.... lol

My brother is doing his immigration at the mo and hes at the 120 letter mark and hes having awful trouble getting any letters etc from previous employers as they no longer here anymore damn recession eh!
1 supervisor has sent him a letter on plain paper and explained on letter as company no longer exsists he cant get a hold of any header paper from company etc but my bro knows that this is no good.
Also he worked for a company in Canada for 51 weeks so 1 week short of the full year as they also were hit by the recession and had to pay men off which 1 of them was my brother.
the company had gave him a job offer now and also a work history letter however it does have the dates on he was employed and it shows the week short of the year however the letter does say they are happy to take him back as an employee!
But my bro thinks hes wont get his visa now as he cant prove over a year or work history
anyone had this prob and still got their visa?
or anyone know the immigration will not accept this a 1 full year even with letters from the employer?

thanks again guys in advance
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help please work history

Originally Posted by livylegs
Hey guys,

Sorry to bug you all again but.... lol

My brother is doing his immigration at the mo and hes at the 120 letter mark and hes having awful trouble getting any letters etc from previous employers as they no longer here anymore damn recession eh!
1 supervisor has sent him a letter on plain paper and explained on letter as company no longer exsists he cant get a hold of any header paper from company etc but my bro knows that this is no good.
Also he worked for a company in Canada for 51 weeks so 1 week short of the full year as they also were hit by the recession and had to pay men off which 1 of them was my brother.
the company had gave him a job offer now and also a work history letter however it does have the dates on he was employed and it shows the week short of the year however the letter does say they are happy to take him back as an employee!
But my bro thinks hes wont get his visa now as he cant prove over a year or work history
anyone had this prob and still got their visa?
or anyone know the immigration will not accept this a 1 full year even with letters from the employer?

thanks again guys in advance
If you do a search of the forum, you'll find this has been asked many times before. Get him to submit as much proof as he can (i.e. job contracts with job description, offer letters with job description, payslips, P60's etc) even if he can't submit a letter of reference. He can also get all of his National Insurance records to prove where he worked and when.

But if he can't prove he's done at least one year full-time (if he's even a week short it won't count) in one of the 38 eligible occupations then he won't qualify, so he'll need to supply as much as he can.