Help please - PMM or Jim

Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

immquest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please - PMM or Jim

Hi,
Is it legal to mail PR card out of Canada?

After landing(me, my wife and a toddler), my wife and daughter are planning to leave Canada and come back after I get an apt, job etc.

As they would leave Canada without PR card, can I mail them the cards so that they can enter Canada with them?

If not what is the alternative?

Thanks,
Peace
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:38 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please - PMM or Jim

Originally Posted by immquest
Hi,

After landing(me, my wife and a toddler), my wife and daughter are planning to leave Canada and come back after I get an apt, job etc.

As they would leave Canada without PR card, can I mail them the cards so that they can enter Canada with them?

Thanks,
Peace
Yes, you can mail their cards to them.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by immquest
Hi,

Thanks,
Peace
Yes you can mail the PR cards out of Canada, a lot of people do.

PMM
Old Dec 30th 2004, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of curiosity: why would one leave Canada without PR card? To avoid the 2/5 year rule? Not to loose it abroad? To risk it getting lost in the mail?

Just interested.

Stephen
Old Dec 30th 2004, 12:28 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephenbottcher
Just out of curiosity: why would one leave Canada without PR card? To avoid the 2/5 year rule? Not to loose it abroad? To risk it getting lost in the mail?

Just interested.

Stephen
Most p[eople leave before the PR card is received because it takes quite a while now. They usually have things to finish overseas before they settle.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephenbottcher

Just interested.

Stephen
Assuming Mr B's PR comes through in time (that's another story!), he plans to land and leave without a PR card as well. It will probably be really tight with his medical expiry so cheaper and faster to go over for a day, then leave and go back when we're all sold up and sorted out here. Nothing to do with the 2/5 rule - not having a PR card doesn't exempt from that.

Biiiiink