Help please??? Immigration

Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:48 am
AD74

Andrew74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please??? Immigration

I applied to extend my work visa through but have had it rejected.

Can anyone please advise if there is an appeal procedure to go through if a work permit renewal is rejected as in my case?

Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:06 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help please??? Immigration

What was the reason for refusal?

Originally Posted by Andrew74

Can anyone please advise if there is an appeal procedure to go through if a work permit renewal is rejected as in my case?

Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:16 am
AD74

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
What was the reason for refusal?
They have refused on the basis that HRSDC does not determin the occupation to be in cat 0, A or B but in catagory C of the NOC list.

What myself or my employer cannot understand is that they issued my work visa for this year on exactly the same criteria without a problem. From the NOC list on the website it shows the current list in use as being valid from 2001.

Not sure also if it makes any difference but the person repliying this year is different to last.

Thanks
Andrew
Old Sep 16th 2004, 5:20 am

Was your original work permit issued after job offer was validated by HRSDC?
Or was it a working holiday visa or post-graduate employment or open work permit for spouse of work/student permit holder?

They have refused on the basis that HRSDC does not determin the occupation to be in cat 0, A or B but in catagory C of the NOC list.

What myself or my employer cannot understand is that they issued my work visa for this year on exactly the same criteria without a problem. From the NOC list on the website it shows the current list in use as being valid from 2001.

Not sure also if it makes any difference but the person repliying this year is different to last.

Thanks
Andrew
Old Sep 16th 2004, 5:39 am
AD74

Was your original work permit issued after job offer was validated by HRSDC?
Or was it a working holiday visa or post-graduate employment or open work permit for spouse of work/student permit holder?
The original work permit was issued after the job offer was validated. I had visited the company last year and got the job offer then (June 03) then the company sent the application which was accepted in (Oct 03) and I came over Jan 04. Current visa expires Dec 04
Old Sep 16th 2004, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Max Chaudhary is an unknown quantity at this point

you can apply to the federal court for a review of this. however, the chances do not appear good if the reason for refusal relates to the job not being a O, A, or B occupation.

Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2004, 6:18 am
AD74

Originally Posted by Max Chaudhary
you can apply to the federal court for a review of this. however, the chances do not appear good if the reason for refusal relates to the job not being a O, A, or B occupation.
Thanks, even though it was accepted only last year?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 6:50 am

If what you are saying is the truth and you didn't misinterpret or miss anything then something is wrong and you should immediately hire experienced immigration practitioner to look at your case.

Thanks, even though it was accepted only last year?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Max Chaudhary is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't be categorical about the chances of success at federal court unless we see both the current and initial applications.

If what you are saying is the truth and you didn't misinterpret or miss anything then something is wrong and you should immediately hire experienced immigration practitioner to look at your case.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 8:48 am
AD74

All as I explained. Thanks very much for your advice, I have now been in contact with an immigration lawyer. They now have copies of my paperwork so hopefully they can identify the problem. Is there anything else I should look at? Are you aware of the procedures to go through for applying for residency or who should I contact?

Many thanks
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:50 am

If you hired an experienced and reputable immigration lawyer then you are in good hands and let him do the job.

If you are asking now about applying for permanent residency then ask your lawyer about it too, or check basic information on CIC website here:

www.cic.gc.ca

All as I explained. Thanks very much for your advice, I have now been in contact with an immigration lawyer. They now have copies of my paperwork so hopefully they can identify the problem. Is there anything else I should look at? Are you aware of the procedures to go through for applying for residency or who should I contact?

Many thanks