Help please... I need answers! x

Old May 18th 2011, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please... I need answers! x

This is a copy of the letter we received from the CIC regarding taking my daughter out of the country. Her dad had to sign the letter and it was witnessed by a solicitor for £5. We initially sent an unwitnessed letter but they sent us this to complete. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails Help please... I need answers! x-letter-emigration.png  
Old May 19th 2011, 3:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What proof do you have? If you don't have joint mortgage or rental agreements because the house is in your name, that's fine, you can just show whatever you have got - joint bank account, utility bills in both names, joint insurances (named driver on his car and vice versa?), wills naming each other as beneficiaries etc.

Whatever you've got you can show, even if it's something as simple as a holiday booking showing that you shared a room - CIC are looking for proof that you lived as 'husband and wife', rather than just housemates, so you need to show that you've combined your financial and practical affairs.

The very wise AmyDavid has given you the form you'll need to complete, and then just provide whatever proof you can with it.

Good luck.
Old May 20th 2011, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Nicki1209 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks , that sound brilliant!!! Im looking on the CIC website and i can find the form x
Old May 20th 2011, 12:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicki1209
Thanks , that sound brilliant!!! Im looking on the CIC website and i can find the form x
Was that meant to read 'I can't find the form'? If so, a quick Google for 'CIC Statutory Declaration' brings it up as the first result...........http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/imm5409e.pdf
Old May 25th 2011, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Nicki1209 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you all sooooooooo much!!!

Ive been to a solicitor and the information you have given is completely correct and im getting a CIC stautory declaration form signed infront of a solicitor.

Thank you so much,

xx