Help please - Emigrate to Canada

Old Aug 6th 2012, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

MarcP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please - Emigrate to Canada

I have a dream?

I have a dream, that dream is to leave the rainy, overpopulated and insanely expensive shores of blighty in the hope of settling myself and my family in the delightful continent of Canada, preferably Vancouver.

My situation is as follows.
I am 38 years old, currently work as a web design executive for the last 10 years.
I have 2 children aged 1 and 6
I live with my partner, currently un-married (I know diabolical)
I have a criminal record from about 20 years ago when I was young and dum.

Any questions are:

Am I too old to be considered?
My skills do not seem to be in demand, will this negatively affect my application?
Will having 2 children negatively affect my application?
Should I get married before applying.
How will my criminal record effect my application.

I have attended an Canadian EXPO in London in search of a good immigration expert, however the companies in attendance wanted a lot of money and did not seem very genuine.

Basically I would sell my limbs to move to Canada, can anyone direct me to a business or person that can help...

Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:00 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please - Emigrate to Canada

Originally Posted by MarcP
I have a dream?

I have a dream, that dream is to leave the rainy, overpopulated and insanely expensive shores of blighty in the hope of settling myself and my family in the delightful continent of Canada, preferably Vancouver.

I am 38 years old, currently work as a web design executive for the last 10 years.

Any questions are:

My skills do not seem to be in demand, will this negatively affect my application?

I have attended an Canadian EXPO in London in search of a good immigration expert, however the companies in attendance wanted a lot of money and did not seem very genuine.

Basically I would sell my limbs to move to Canada, can anyone direct me to a business or person that can help...

Thanks
You would need to get a job offer with a positive LMO. Take a look at the Wiki section on this site re TWP and the Provincial Nominee Program.

In my view, immigration representatives cannot give you any better chance of getting in, they can advise on information readily available on the internet for us all to read and they can fill in forms, which you can do your self.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

What route are you thinking of applying under FSW, PNP LMO from employer
there are over 50 ways to apply.
FSW Cat1 is on hold at the moment.
Age should be no barrier and the same for having kids.
Criminal record could be a factor depending on how many convictions and what the offences were.
You should get married for love not for a job or application.
If no jobs on offer for your skills then yes it is a problem unless qualified to do other jobs.
Read through this site
http://www.canadavisa.com/
or search the wiki button at the top of the page and go to the Canada section.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:09 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarcP
I have a dream?

Any questions are:

Thanks
Before you move to the rainy, overpopulated, and insanely expensive shores of Vancouver, you really might want to do some more research
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Before you move to the rainy, overpopulated, and insanely expensive shores of Vancouver, you really might want to do some more research
Im glad it was somebody from BC that said that
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:15 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im glad it was somebody from BC that said that
But it's true. If you want to get away from rain, higher population, expensive living costs, etc, Vancouver as a destination shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

If it is, much more research is needed

With regards to the original questions:

You're not too old
Kids won't impact you
You don't need to get married as long as you can prove common law relationship
The criminal record shouldn't impact anything as long as you're truthful
If your skills aren't in demand, you'll need to find a job first before you can move over and work.

But seriously, Vancouver rains a LOT. It's a very expensive place to live. Many areas have high population.

Last edited by el_richo; Aug 6th 2012 at 4:18 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Although to be fair, Vancouver also has quite a lot more sunshine hours per year than London.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I totally agree with you.
Is it me or just lately that there are more numerous threads about people wanting to move or choosing to move to Vancouver than normal.
I think some are in for a shock and wake up call if they ever get here unless they have a wad of cash behind them.
I like Vancouver but seriously you wont find me wanting to move there in a hurry and thats keeping my same job and transferring there.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:39 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by nerdherd

Although to be fair, Vancouver also has quite a lot more sunshine hours per year than London.
True. Days of rainfall is about on a par though i think (Vancouver has much more in winter and much less in summer than London). But if you want to get away from rainy (and expensive, and higher population), Vancouver isn't the place
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:40 pm
Beep

I totally agree with you.
Is it me or just lately that there are more numerous threads about people wanting to move or choosing to move to Vancouver than normal.
I think some are in for a shock and wake up call if they ever get here unless they have a wad of cash behind them.
I like Vancouver but seriously you wont find me wanting to move there in a hurry and thats keeping my same job and transferring there.
Vancouver is the best place to live in Canada (in my opinion), as long as you can afford it
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Vancouver is the best place to live in Canada (in my opinion), as long as you can afford it
Some of your friends in Nova Scotia might beg to differ
Old Aug 6th 2012, 5:00 pm
Beep

Some of your friends in Nova Scotia might beg to differ
I'm sure they would, but they'd be wrong
Old Aug 6th 2012, 5:19 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure they would, but they'd be wrong
Not wrong. Just happy that you are where you are and not here because we're not all there !
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

But if you want to get away from rainy (and expensive, and higher population), Vancouver isn't the place
Oh, absolutely! Still a great city though, shame it's so expensive
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:14 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nerdherd

None from November to March though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.