Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help on Passport Request.....URGENT!!!

Help on Passport Request.....URGENT!!!

Old Feb 20th 2007, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Default Help on Passport Request.....URGENT!!!

Hi

This is my dilema. I have 17 days from today to get my passports back to the Embassy or my 60 Days are up.
I can send my Passport off now but my OH only has 18 Months left of hers so we planned to get hers renewed and get my son a new one as he currently hasn't got one and is on her Passport.

The problem is we can't find my son's Birth Certificate so are unable to send the pasports off and even if we do find it it takes approx 2 weeks to get it returned leaving us only 2 days left...and the 2 week return is only approx!!

Does my son have to have his own Passport or can I send just the 2 of them off?. Also, we plan just to get the Paperwork done then come back to the UK for a while. If we are aunable to get the passport renewed now and have to wait until next year, what will happen to my wifes Visa when her passport renewed.

Any help would be appreciated ASAP.
Thanks

weener
View Public Profile
Send a private message to weener
Send email to weener
Find More Posts by weener
Add weener to Your Buddy List
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on Passport Request.....URGENT!!!

The first thing I'd do is contact CHC and make them aware of the problem: hopefully they'll let you extend the wait for a few weeks while you get the passport situation sorted out.

Isn't there a way to get a passport renewed quickly by going to the nearest passport office? I'm sure someone mentioned it here recently.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MarkG
The first thing I'd do is contact CHC and make them aware of the problem: hopefully they'll let you extend the wait for a few weeks while you get the passport situation sorted out.

Isn't there a way to get a passport renewed quickly by going to the nearest passport office? I'm sure someone mentioned it here recently.
Have emailed and even phoned (they have a phone no i hear you all cry) to request a extension.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by weener
Have emailed and even phoned (they have a phone no i hear you all cry) to request a extension.
Does my son need his own Passport or can we get both Visas issued in my Wifes passport which is still valid for another 18 months.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

They wont close your file as it says "failure to communicate with us within 60 days" blah blah blah and your file will be closed. You have communicated so they wont close it. I went through the same thing when I couldn't get my medicals to them within 90 days
Anyhow , are we talking about the same embassy.........didn't know they had a phone line
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woofwoof
They wont close your file as it says "failure to communicate with us within 60 days" blah blah blah and your file will be closed. You have communicated so they wont close it. I went through the same thing when I couldn't get my medicals to them within 90 days
Anyhow , are we talking about the same embassy.........didn't know they had a phone line
Neither did I, until I phoned the passport place in the UK to ask some questions and they gave me there phone No.....Don't build any hopes up though, its a M/c which you speak as in Push 1 for.....2 for....etc.
Managed to speak to a answering M/c....GASP!!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Woofwoof

Just gets scary when they put it in Bold writing saying they will close your case if not heard from within 60 days, especially after all the waiting YOU have to do.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

Hey Woofwoof

Just gets scary when they put it in Bold writing saying they will close your case if not heard from within 60 days, especially after all the waiting YOU have to do.

I know what your saying..........the only thing I would do , if you haven't had a response in a couple of days from your email, is send it again.

I was very surprised and thought our case would be closed because of our 90 day medical deadline that we couldn't make.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

why dont all 3 of you go to the nearest UK passport office, pay the £80 or whatever each and que up and get a passport the same day.

problem solved.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:47 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

If you're renewing a passport the current time in the UK, if you pay the Post Office their fiver or so to preliminaryily check it, is about 5 working days. My inlaws renewed theirs last week, sent Monday, received Thursday. I renewed mine a couple of years ago and it took three days. The days of long passport renewal times are over, it's really quick now.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
If you're renewing a passport the current time in the UK, if you pay the Post Office their fiver or so to preliminaryily check it, is about 5 working days. My inlaws renewed theirs last week, sent Monday, received Thursday. I renewed mine a couple of years ago and it took three days. The days of long passport renewal times are over, it's really quick now.
Were going for the check and send option. I figire if it comes back close to the dead line i'll have to drop it in by hand (thas if i'm not granted a extension).
Thanks for the replys though
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Hi Weener
Did you manage to get a new Birth Certificate for your son? Local town hall or registry should be able to provide one.
Nik
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NikkiNu
Hi Weener
Did you manage to get a new Birth Certificate for your son? Local town hall or registry should be able to provide one.
Nik
Everything has worked out great for once. Got a duplicate Birth Cet today, passports are sent off and had a email from the embassy ssaying they have granted a extension until 31st of April. As Homer would say...WOHOOOOOO!!

Thanks for ya help Guys!!!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

Everything has worked out great for once. Got a duplicate Birth Cet today, passports are sent off and had a email from the embassy ssaying they have granted a extension until 31st of April. As Homer would say...WOHOOOOOO!!

Thanks for ya help Guys!!!!!!
good news
I really do think you should go and get pissed now to celebrate
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

good news
I really do think you should go and get pissed now to celebrate
don't normally need a reason but what the heck........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.