Help! Notarised documents

Old Nov 28th 2011, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Natalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant future
Default Help! Notarised documents

Hi, can anyone help me please my head hurts. Not posted for a while, our application as a Skilled Worker was rejected. So applied under Alberta AINP Family stream and its been accepted. So we really need to get this right.

I have a question about getting documents notarized. We have been told to refer to the following documents to help us.

Doc1 Application for Permanent Residence • Provincial Nominees - LONDON, this say -
Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals.

DOC 2 Application for Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee Program

What documents are required?
Use Appendix A (DOC 1) of the visa office specific instructions to assist you in
gathering the necessary documentation.
If you do not provide all the requested information or
documents, the processing of your application could be delayed.

Translation of documents
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
 the English or French translation; and
 an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
 a certified copy of the document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the
presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the
country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their
translation are a true translation and representation of the contents
of the original document.
Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must
compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the
following on the photocopy:
 ―I certify that this is a true copy of the original document‖,
 the name of the original document,
 the date of the certification,
 his or her name,
 his or her official position or title, and
 his or her signature.

I have taken all the documents about 100 pages(which 60 of the are employee contracts) to a Public Notary(i used him for the original application to Alberta), he said he has never seen it before when every page needs to be done with the above. And to do all the documents would cost £££££ and he usually attaches his own certificate on letter headed paper to the copies for each .
Would this be enough or should he do the above on every page?
Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:26 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Notarised documents

He needs to make the copies himself, but does not need to stamp every page. They need to be affixed to each other though. Here in Canada the notary would use his official stamp which would have a declaration similar to that described in the instructions. This has completely superseded the old practice of ribbons and sealing wax in most cases.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Natalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help! Notarised documents

Thanks Jim. i'll give him a ring tomorrow and let him know what you have said. thanks