Wikiposts

Help with NOC 0, A, B

Old Jan 31st 2016, 9:20 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with NOC 0, A, B

Originally Posted by AdamtoCA
Ok ok ok, gentlemen, lets take a step back from this for a moment instead of seeing who is right and who is wrong. I am sure you all have valid points.

Thanks for the info on just finding my NoC grade from seeing my duties, i wasn't sure if there rules and regs to follow. Obviously it all depends on the job i get in Vancouver, however from my current conversations with recruitment agencies they have said i should be able to get something similar to what i had in the past, so im hoping an employer will look past my 24 months IEC and that i am hoping to stay longer if PR is approved.

My main question now is this.....as i am on the IEC for 24 months, can my common law partner get an open work permit for this duration, IF, i get a job when i am there within the NoC 0, A or B grade? Please see - Can my spouse or common-law partner work in Canada?

Also thanks for the info on the Express Entry. I have done the EE calculator part and it says i would get around 450 now, and 475 points once i have worked there for 1 year, which is when i am hoping to apply. Hopefully i will do this once i get there and apply, but may have to wait till after a year. How long did it take you all?

I can see KuroKuro, you did IEC, and EE and now have PR. How long did it take you?

Any help or info would be great,

Thanks

Adam
If you were to get a job in one of those categories once you are here and working, your girlfriend could obtain a spousal OWP - however, you would need to show proof of the job and of common law status.

Please see: Can my spouse or common-law partner work in Canada?

Old Jan 31st 2016, 9:27 am
Just Joined

AdamtoCA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you were to get a job in one of those categories once you are here and working, your girlfriend could obtain a spousal OWP - however, you would need to show proof of the job and of common law status.

Please see: Can my spouse or common-law partner work in Canada?

Thanks Siouxie,
Ok great, so that link would come under myself and my IEC? As i wasnt sure if it made me eligible for her to get an OWP.
Proof of the job once i am working and common law status should be no issue.

If we can't get that for her, what other options are there? Just generally trying to get an employer to apply for an LMIA?

Also is there something that i can apply for her if i state that i have relevant funds to support her, as a dependent?

Or possibly saying she is self employed, showing relevant funds also?

Thanks All, any info i have missed and other options would be great.

Regards

Adam
Old Jan 31st 2016, 9:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeS1994
Confusing to you maybe but the OP understood me I said express entry actually and it covers a wide range of programs.
Sigh. You said 'sponsor your common-law spouse'. There's no antagonising going on (frankly, given I should have banned you for having multiple usernames, I think the opposite could be said, as I've given you the benefit of the doubt which many other mods wouldn't have done!), I'm simply correcting things for the sake of the OP and anybody else reading.

Ok ok ok, gentlemen, lets take a step back from this for a moment instead of seeing who is right and who is wrong.
Ahem. Note the pink symbol next to my name.

My main question now is this.....as i am on the IEC for 24 months, can my common law partner get an open work permit for this duration, IF, i get a job when i am there within the NoC 0, A or B grade? Please see - Can my spouse or common-law partner work in Canada?
Yes.

Also thanks for the info on the Express Entry. I have done the EE calculator part and it says i would get around 450 now, and 475 points once i have worked there for 1 year, which is when i am hoping to apply. Hopefully i will do this once i get there and apply, but may have to wait till after a year. How long did it take you all?
I applied under the old FSW system, so it's not relevant to you anyway, but I have worked in immigration for years and so seen a lot of PR apps! Your points score is great, even at 450 you may well get given an ITA, so it's worth submitting an app anyway and seeing if you get selected.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Sorry christmasoompa, im new and didnt see the pink symbol. Apologies.

Thanks for the info. Im glad we can apply for the OWP while im on IEC on NoC 0, A or B.

I will have to wait for my partner to do her english test before i can finish my EE profile, is that correct? But as soon as that is done i will submit it. Hopefully i can get an invite and something will happen during my 24 months in canada, so that i have the option to stay.

What is the different between the PR and Citizenship? Will we be able to stay as PR for as long as we want and bring up a family in Canada, or will we have restrictions and time limits on the amount of years we can stay?

Thanks
Adam
Old Jan 31st 2016, 9:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry christmasoompa, im new and didnt see the pink symbol. Apologies.
No probs.

I will have to wait for my partner to do her english test before i can finish my EE profile, is that correct?
You don't have to, no, it's not mandatory for her to do IELTS. But you won't get any points for her language ability unless she does, so as you're on the cusp at 450, I'd recommend you do have her do it.

What is the different between the PR and Citizenship? Will we be able to stay as PR for as long as we want and bring up a family in Canada, or will we have restrictions and time limits on the amount of years we can stay?
As a PR you'll have all the rights of a citizen except you can't vote, you can't do certain jobs (mainly government jobs), and you could have PR revoked if found to have committed a serious crime, or get caught for misrepresentation on your PR app etc.

But you can live there indefinitely, and stay forever if you want. You just have to spend at least 730 days out of every 5 year period in Canada to maintain your PR status, so you couldn't return to the UK for years without risking your PR.

Citizenship you can apply for once you've been a PR living in Canada for at least 4 years out of the previous 6 years, so you're a way off that. But then you'll be a dual citizen and can vote etc.

HTH a bit, best of luck with it all.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Thats all great.
Exactly what i needed.
I may write to you at another point as i am sure i will have a thousand more questions if thats ok?
Thanks again
Adam
Old Jan 31st 2016, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

I can see KuroKuro, you did IEC, and EE and now have PR. How long did it take you?
I started my IEC in Dec 2013 so I got my 1 year work experience in Canada as required for CEC at the end of 2014. PR applications were closed at the time because they were changing over to the Express Entry system, so I had to wait to see what the requirements would be.

For the first couple of months that Express Entry was open, the points you needed was ridiculously high and I wouldn't have qualified so I didn't apply until much later. I prepared paperwork in terms of getting my education evaluation and getting all the police certificate stuff together. I booked my language test the weekend after the points were low enough for me to qualify, in April I think. Once that was all done, I applied and was in the pool for about a month before I was invited to apply as the points had gone back up again. (I think people applying now don't have to worry about that so much, as the score is pretty settled in the same place).

At this point, I only really needed to get employment references and my medical, which were fairly straight forward, however I procrastinated until August to actually send everything in. You can see my full timeline in my profile, but from start to finish it was 6 months from applying for EE to landing as PR, but only actually 3 months for processing.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info KuroKuro,
I want to try and apply with EE as soon as possible if i have enough points for an invite.
Quick question, as stated above if i am working in a Noc 0, A or B job then my common law partner can apply for an open work permit for the duration of my 24 month IEC.
If we were to have a dependent, new born, by that time when we decide to go how would this affect if anything the status and would we be able to put him/her on my partners open work permit or would they have a standard visitor visa. Sorry not too sure how it works with dependents.
Thanks
Adam
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info KuroKuro,
I want to try and apply with EE as soon as possible if i have enough points for an invite.
Quick question, as stated above if i am working in a Noc 0, A or B job then my common law partner can apply for an open work permit for the duration of my 24 month IEC.
If we were to have a dependent, new born, by that time when we decide to go how would this affect if anything the status and would we be able to put him/her on my partners open work permit or would they have a standard visitor visa. Sorry not too sure how it works with dependents.
Thanks
Adam
Well if the baby was born in Canada then it would become a Canadian citizen.
If born outside of Canada then a visitor record would be required for the duration of stay within Canada.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks,
What would a visitor record be? A visitor visa of 6 months max at a time, or can we add them to our work permit with no time frame attached?
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
What would a visitor record be? A visitor visa of 6 months max at a time, or can we add them to our work permit with no time frame attached?
They will get a visitor record for the same length of time as your work permit. The visitor record is free at the port of entry.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Great, thanks for the info bc2015.