Help new to site

Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

blueridgehotel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help new to site

This question has probably been answered many times before. For this I apologize.

I am 37 years old and seriously thinking of settling in Canada. My first trip will be in Sep, 3 weeks motor home around BC (any advice on sightseeing, etc, welcomed)

I get 67-69 points depending on brushing up on my French. I have been in touch with immigration.ca (solicitors) who advise me I am likely to qualify under Skilled worker/PNP/Quebec Skilled. They claim under 2% fail who they represent. My question is:

a) Is it worth using a solicitor? Does anyone know immigration.ca?

b) If I go it alone, what class should I go for? Skilled, PNP? As ive just read Skilled takes 5-8 years (is this guaranteed)? The earliest I could settle is at least 2 years.

I am a Tube/Train driver with London Underground (8 years). Does anyone know if this would open up any opportunities?

Any info would be HUGELY appreciated.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Help new to site

a) Using a solicitor depends on a lot of factors. If you are able to do it yourself without advice, then do it yourself. If you have lots of questions and cant find answers or have problems with background checks etc, then you should consult a solicitor. I cant tell you anything about immigration.ca

b)Nothing is for sure. there is no guarantee. without a job offer you wont be able to immigrate within two years. get a job

regs