Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

help needed re 12mths of living together

help needed re 12mths of living together

Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:22 am
Just Joined

sar23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help needed re 12mths of living together

Hi, can I know if the route to PR sponsership by living together with my boyfriend will be affected if:-
1) We lived together for 25 days the first time and I left Canada for home.
2) I will be travelling to Canada again and this time on a student visa. Can this break in stay contribute to the 12 months living together? I am not sure if I can get a 12 months student visa as the course I am doing takes only 10 months to complete.
3) I am at the moment going through a divorce. It will take another 2 years to go through. Will they ask me to prove that I am not married at the time of PR application? Our application is genuine. We are trying all ways to be together, to the extend of me going to Canada to live with him, to prove our living together.

Any better suggestions or visa type leading to living together with my boyfriend is greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed re 12mths of living together

Originally Posted by sar23
Hi, can I know if the route to PR sponsership by living together with my boyfriend will be affected if:-
1) We lived together for 25 days the first time and I left Canada for home.
2) I will be travelling to Canada again and this time on a student visa. Can this break in stay contribute to the 12 months living together? I am not sure if I can get a 12 months student visa as the course I am doing takes only 10 months to complete.
3) I am at the moment going through a divorce. It will take another 2 years to go through. Will they ask me to prove that I am not married at the time of PR application? Our application is genuine. We are trying all ways to be together, to the extend of me going to Canada to live with him, to prove our living together.

Any better suggestions or visa type leading to living together with my boyfriend is greatly appreciated.
After living together for the first 25 days, how long were you apart for and for what reason?

Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:47 am
Just Joined

I landed and stayed with my boyfriend in August(last month) for 25 days and I had to go home to settle some problems with my divorce.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sar23
I landed and stayed with my boyfriend in August(last month) for 25 days and I had to go home to settle some problems with my divorce.
So how many days were you actually in the UK for? Are you still there now, or back in Canada?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Will only go to Canada in April but boyfriend is visiting me for 4 months from December this year until end of March next year and we will both be in Australia. We plan to fly back together March next year.