Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help needed with putting it all togather

Help needed with putting it all togather

Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:55 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Help needed with putting it all togather

I have almost all my stuff but just thinking how to put it all togather. Is there a specially way of organising it all. I have the Checklist (Appendix A) which says gather all docs and tick each item on checklist. It says attach it to your docs. Does this mean I cut out each section in the appendix and paperclip it to those docs. So I end up with 14 sections with cutout check list attached to fronts. Or do i tick each item and just put checklist at front of all docs togather.
Hope I have not confused anyone lol. Please tell me how to put it all togather before i send it.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help needed with putting it all togather

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Does this mean I cut out each section in the appendix and paperclip it to those docs. So I end up with 14 sections with cutout check list attached to fronts.
Yes - The checklist states at the top (the one you should be using from London CIC if you are applying through London) "Please assemble all your documents as listed. Cut along the lines and attach your documents to the relevant tag (a paper clip will do). When you have put all your documents together, put them in a sealed envelope. Please send photocopiesof all your documents. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.The only original documents you should submit are the police certificates and, if applicable, language test results."

Last edited by RodseyUK; Aug 9th 2006 at 12:20 am.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:44 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

I experienced some confusion over this. Are you using the London Office-specific checklist here? It's slightly different to Appendix A (some of the numbers are different).

I cut along the lines, as you say, and stapled each bit to the cover sheet that I did for each section. I hope that's right!

Last edited by Hipster Contrarian; Aug 9th 2006 at 12:46 am.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:07 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Ah yes I have both check list, one from CIC main website and one from Canada.org.uk website. I am sending mine to London one so do I have to use one from that website. On CIC when you click london one there one is diferent. Which one shall I use?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 4:44 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago: I noticed that there were suddenly two lists, and I think it's something to do with the new Simplified Application Process- maybe their website has only partially been updated or something.

If you look at them both, I think the only real difference is the order of the numbers, as both lists ask for the same things, I think. I wasn't sure what to do, but in the end I just made the decision that as long as everything was there and clearly labelled, it wouldn't matter which checklist I used because CHC would be able to work it out. So I used the one that I linked to before.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 5:13 am
Your goto Realtor

Thanks for advise, Yeah I am gonna use that one too. It is strange that theres two. Also the one I am using need extra forms filled in which other one did not say about. The Immigration Summery and Supplimentery form. Just filled it out and added it to my application.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 5:33 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Oh yes, there is that- well, it's a good thing you asked then, because it would have been really easy to miss

(They don't make it remotely clear, do they ?!)
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Help needed with putting it all togather

I have almost all my stuff but just thinking how to put it all togather. Is there a specially way of organising it all. I have the Checklist (Appendix A) which says gather all docs and tick each item on checklist. It says attach it to your docs. Does this mean I cut out each section in the appendix and paperclip it to those docs. So I end up with 14 sections with cutout check list attached to fronts. Or do i tick each item and just put checklist at front of all docs togather.
Hope I have not confused anyone lol. Please tell me how to put it all togather before i send it.
Hi,

Friends of ours immigated to Canada in May 2005. We went on 1 month fact find in Oct 05 and had the benefit of having a look at how he had put his application together. He did a covering letter for each section detailing what was included in that section, so a mini index for each section if you like. Then he attached the cut up Appendix slips to that sheet. If there were sections which were not applicable, then he also added a cover letter for that section marked ' This section is not applicable to my application'. In that way the application looked tidier and complete, as you could have forgotten to put a section in. All in all a very tidy application. We have copied this style in the hope that anyone picking it up will think ' This is a well prepared document, we can get on with this one ' Here's hoping anyway.

Application 15 Jan 06
AOR 3 Feb 06
In process 31 Jan 06 - 36 Months

Good luck
Stef
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:40 am
Your goto Realtor

Thanks, great advise steph. I might do that for each section to make it more clearer for them.
I just cant wait till I can send it and then can relax knowing I am in the waiting quee. Until then I am stressed trying to get everything and get it posted out lol
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:40 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

I did something similar to the above, i.e. if a section was not applicable to me (i.e. dependants etc.) I stated clearly that this section was not applicable to me because I didn't have dependants.

Sounds silly, maybe, but with something like this you just can't leave any room for doubt or misunderstanding!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Help needed with putting it all togather

Thanks, great advise steph. I might do that for each section to make it more clearer for them.
I just cant wait till I can send it and then can relax knowing I am in the waiting quee. Until then I am stressed trying to get everything and get it posted out lol
HI,

We also got some good advice from a migration agent who realised we could not afford his help. He said that we were to ensure that everything we said about ourselves with regard to qualifications and work history in particular could be verified by a document. For example I had studied French at school and worked on cross channel ferries between UK and france for a period of a bout 5 years, so had some working knowledge but no exam. To Prove this I sent in copies of the French Page on my yearly school report for the 5 years I studied it at school and also copies of a few of my payslips from my cross channel ferry days to back up the work experience end. I was only claiming basic language skills as I am rusty now (verb tenses)

We both also included a letter stating that ' English is my native language. I have lived in the UK all my life. My parents are both English and my school education has been taught in English'. Include any school certificates to back this up, or pages from your reports at school.

Try to stay focussed on what you need to gather together. I sat down and wrote a list and as I got the info or document, ticked it off. It helped me to see that I was getting through the work. It does seem an enormous document to put together, but take your time, try not to rush it.

The actual Application form and other forms need to be completed in full, so if a section or question does not apply to you write N/A, dont leave any blanks which could mean that you may have forgotten to fill that part in. (This info came from the migration agent, bless him.)

In his words 'You don't want to give the immigration officer any reason to put your application on the back burner as incomplete'

Good luck
Stef
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

I just put ticked appendix sheet in with application at the front off application did not do covering letter for each section just one letter saying why we thought we were suitable for canada and commitment. Got PR no probs. I like you spent most of my time going over and over what they required until i got myself in to a panic. chill x
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:53 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephanie McLachlan
Hi,

Friends of ours immigated to Canada in May 2005. We went on 1 month fact find in Oct 05 and had the benefit of having a look at how he had put his application together. He did a covering letter for each section detailing what was included in that section, so a mini index for each section if you like. Then he attached the cut up Appendix slips to that sheet. If there were sections which were not applicable, then he also added a cover letter for that section marked ' This section is not applicable to my application'. In that way the application looked tidier and complete, as you could have forgotten to put a section in. All in all a very tidy application. We have copied this style in the hope that anyone picking it up will think ' This is a well prepared document, we can get on with this one ' Here's hoping anyway.

Application 15 Jan 06
AOR 3 Feb 06
In process 31 Jan 06 - 36 Months

Good luck
Stef
I did our application in a very similair manner

Each section had its own project type headed paper, with a covering letter detailing exactly what was in each section.
If a section was N/A this also had headed paper stating this.

It looked nice and neat when completed.

Eddie