Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

help needed.maybe just give up..RPRF.

help needed.maybe just give up..RPRF.

Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future
Default help needed.maybe just give up..RPRF.

this is a reply i got from my local MPs office this morning.

CIC informed me this morning that your file was last actioned on July 20 but is nowhere near completion. There are still several outstanding documents that you need to provide them with, including:

Rehibilitation documents (you should be on the lookout for letters from CIC regarding this)
Follow-up regarding removing dependants from your file

the immigration sent me a mail in june asking me to pay my final fees,which i paid on 19th of june.
i was told by the immigration company we use,that i wouldnt have to be re-habilitated because it was over 20 years ago,and my dependants were taken off my application 2 years ago.
this is getting absolutely ridiculous.i feel like giving up and going back to the uk.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed.maybe just give up..RPRF.

Hi

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7
this is a reply i got from my local MPs office this morning.

CIC informed me this morning that your file was last actioned on July 20 but is nowhere near completion. There are still several outstanding documents that you need to provide them with, including:

Rehibilitation documents (you should be on the lookout for letters from CIC regarding this)
Follow-up regarding removing dependants from your file

the immigration sent me a mail in june asking me to pay my final fees,which i paid on 19th of june.
i was told by the immigration company we use,that i wouldnt have to be re-habilitated because it was over 20 years ago,and my dependants were taken off my application 2 years ago.
this is getting absolutely ridiculous.i feel like giving up and going back to the uk.
1. You said the Immigration Company opinion was that you wouldn't require rehabilitation.
2. If you state what the conviction was for, then someone maybe able to give you advice whether you are deemed rehabilitated or not. A conviction outside Canada where you could have received 10 years or more in Canada, if proceeded by way of indictment, a person can never be deemed rehabilitated. An example is Aggravated Assault, Maximum 14 years, never deemed rehabilitated, where is assault causing bodily harm is Maximum not exceeding 10 years, and can be deemed rehabilitated after 10 years.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

it was for criminal damage.i got into an altercation with a guy,and took it out on his car
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

it was for criminal damage.i got into an altercation with a guy,and took it out on his car
As long as you didn't take it out on him, then if it was for damaging the vehicle, the following section of the Criminal Code would apply.

Punishment

(3) Every one who commits mischief in relation to property that is a testamentary instrument or the value of which exceeds five thousand dollars

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Marginal note:Idem

(4) Every one who commits mischief in relation to property, other than property described in subsection (3),

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

So you would be deemed rehabilitated.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

i thought i would be.
im just confused why they would ask for my final payment,IF,there were documents missing.
i cannot afford to stay in this job much longer as they are not giving me the miles as they know im going to leave as soon as i get my residency.
im falling behind with my mortgage, aswell as my other bills.im going to get bad credit,and i have no control over any of this.
i really dont know what to do any more
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

i thought i would be.
im just confused why they would ask for my final payment,IF,there were documents missing.
i cannot afford to stay in this job much longer as they are not giving me the miles as they know im going to leave as soon as i get my residency.
im falling behind with my mortgage, aswell as my other bills.im going to get bad credit,and i have no control over any of this.
Get back in contact with the MP who called CIC for you immediately.

Explain that you are deemed rehabilitated - quote the relative laws regarding your conviction, quote the relative immigration section here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...bilitation.asp

Also confirm that your non-accompanying dependants were removed from your application 2 years ago.

You should supply them with documentary evidence of the above, if you have copies, then ask them to get back in contact with CIC and ask why this hasn't been dealt with already.

I am very suprised that your Immigration Consultant has not been following up on your behalf.

As to the RPRF, it is quite often requested months prior to finalisation; unfortunately it isn't necessarily an indication that the application is almost completed.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

i thought i would be.
Sorry if it's a silly idea but it's the only "help" I can give. Try to get a line of credit or get an existing line of credit extended or get a low interest credit card to get you over the next months to not fall behind with the mortgage. Good luck!!!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Tell who ever you work for about your situation and you need more money in your pay check!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Tell who ever you work for about your situation and you need more money in your pay check!
Doesn't every employee?