Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help needed with IMM5708 Application to change conditions, extend my stay

Help needed with IMM5708 Application to change conditions, extend my stay

Old Sep 9th 2014, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Roadrunner1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed with IMM5708 Application to change conditions, extend my stay

I would really appreciate some help with form IMM5708 ‘Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a visitor or temporary resident permit holder’

Question 3: ‘I am applying for one or more of the following’ gives the options:

Extension of my temporary resident status
Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

A temporary resident permit seems to be for people who may otherwise be excluded from Canada due to health or criminality, and I haven’t lost my status so don’t think Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor applies to me either.

As I am hoping to stay in Canada as a visitor after my IEC expires I feel I should choose the first option: Extension of my temporary resident status
However, further down the form question 7 asks for current country of residence, which is Canada, and status, which is worker due to my IEC visa.
If I choose the option ‘Extension of my temporary resident status’ I’m concerned that cic will view my application as my wanting to extend my temporary resident status as a worker. As my temporary resident status now is a worker then wouldn’t asking for an extension of my temporary resident status mean I was asking for an extension of my status as a worker? I’m so confused! I just want to change to a visitor when my IEC expires.

So my questions are:
1) Have I filled in the correct form to change from IEC to visitor?
2) Is choosing the ‘Extension of my temporary resident status’ option the correct one?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me wrap my head around this. I’ve re-read the form so many times I can’t make sense of it at all anymore.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 5:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed with IMM5708 Application to change conditions, extend my stay

Hi

Originally Posted by Roadrunner1
I would really appreciate some help with form IMM5708 ‘Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a visitor or temporary resident permit holder’

Question 3: ‘I am applying for one or more of the following’ gives the options:

Extension of my temporary resident status
Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

A temporary resident permit seems to be for people who may otherwise be excluded from Canada due to health or criminality, and I haven’t lost my status so don’t think Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor applies to me either.

As I am hoping to stay in Canada as a visitor after my IEC expires I feel I should choose the first option: Extension of my temporary resident status
However, further down the form question 7 asks for current country of residence, which is Canada, and status, which is worker due to my IEC visa.
If I choose the option ‘Extension of my temporary resident status’ I’m concerned that cic will view my application as my wanting to extend my temporary resident status as a worker. As my temporary resident status now is a worker then wouldn’t asking for an extension of my temporary resident status mean I was asking for an extension of my status as a worker? I’m so confused! I just want to change to a visitor when my IEC expires.

So my questions are:
1) Have I filled in the correct form to change from IEC to visitor?
2) Is choosing the ‘Extension of my temporary resident status’ option the correct one?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me wrap my head around this. I’ve re-read the form so many times I can’t make sense of it at all anymore.
1. Extension of temporary resident status
2. Page 3 Q.1 you select tourism.