Help needed on available funds!

Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:23 am
Dreaming of Tim Hortons!

wotowoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed on available funds!

Hi everyone. can anyone help me? I'm trawling through application forms, family information, background info etc....you all know what i'm talking about.
I have just got to the FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS form, and it asks for," amount of unencumbered transferable funds you have in canadian dollars"

Now here is my dilema.
When i have sold the house we will take approx 250000 cad, but at the moment would struggle to show the 18000 cad needed, after paying for the consultants etc..
What should i put on the form? If i need to show the funds in the bank then i can make that happen with a little persuassion in my dads direction!! Or should i put 250000cad as thats what i will have when we land.

I'm probably being a little dumb, but my brain feels fried with all this paperwork!!
By the way we have an AEO, and job offer if that makes any difference.

Help please.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed on available funds!

Originally Posted by wotowoto
Hi everyone. can anyone help me? I'm trawling through application forms, family information, background info etc....you all know what i'm talking about.
I have just got to the FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS form, and it asks for," amount of unencumbered transferable funds you have in canadian dollars"

Now here is my dilema.
When i have sold the house we will take approx 250000 cad, but at the moment would struggle to show the 18000 cad needed, after paying for the consultants etc..
What should i put on the form? If i need to show the funds in the bank then i can make that happen with a little persuassion in my dads direction!! Or should i put 250000cad as thats what i will have when we land.

I'm probably being a little dumb, but my brain feels fried with all this paperwork!!
By the way we have an AEO, and job offer if that makes any difference.

Help please.

Definitely need to put your AEO on as this could fast track your application hun.

The money I would put the CAD$250K on there as CIC wont ask you for supporting evidence until it is time to assess your application under the SAP.

Not too sure if you still need the CAD$18K if you have AEO - as the point of the landing funds is that you can support yourself and if you have a AEO and a job then you can support yourself < did I confuse the issue then ?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:48 am
Dreaming of Tim Hortons!

HI Burton bunch, thanks for the reply.
We have just sent off for our police checks, and are trying to get all info together for application. We are using a consultancy in London, who sorted my brothers application 2 years ago, and they arn't too bad actually.
I just don't want to have anything sent back and cause delays.
We are applying with the AEO, and i was thinking along the same lines as yourself. If i have a job offer, AEO, then why do i need to supply proof of funds? Anyway the consultants reckon i need to. If they do fastrack us, which i hope they do, and see no reason why they shouldn't, then at what stage do you reckon they will ask for proof of funds?
We think if all goes well, when we get PPR, then the house goes on the market. So if they ask for proof before that then we are in the same position!!

Why can't this be straight forward?
I need a drink!
I have been teatotal for years, but watch this site and you might just see an alcoholic materialize before your very eyes!! ha ha .
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wotowoto
HI Burton bunch, thanks for the reply.
We have just sent off for our police checks, and are trying to get all info together for application. We are using a consultancy in London, who sorted my brothers application 2 years ago, and they arn't too bad actually.
I just don't want to have anything sent back and cause delays.
We are applying with the AEO, and i was thinking along the same lines as yourself. If i have a job offer, AEO, then why do i need to supply proof of funds? Anyway the consultants reckon i need to. If they do fastrack us, which i hope they do, and see no reason why they shouldn't, then at what stage do you reckon they will ask for proof of funds?
We think if all goes well, when we get PPR, then the house goes on the market. So if they ask for proof before that then we are in the same position!!

Why can't this be straight forward?
I need a drink!
I have been teatotal for years, but watch this site and you might just see an alcoholic materialize before your very eyes!! ha ha .
Hi Babe

have you checked out the CIC website for details of AEO/proof of funds ?? you could get your answer there.

The point that worries me more is that you are waiting until you have PPR to put your house on the market. I would strongly advise you to get shut of all of your assets ASAP and bank the money in a High Interest Account otherwise you will be sat there get PPR and end up sitting waiting for someone to buy the house.

Get shut of the house whilst you wait for PPR and then go into rented for 6 or so months - then you will be able to say exactly the date you can leave the country.

Chatting thru experience as my hubby has gone out on a WP and left me here to sell and pack the house - nightmare and has caused more arguments than anything in the last 6 months I can tell you !

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Found something on Proof of Funds - scroll down the page to proof of funds and it tells you what is "proof"

Gay
x

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/immig/e_sw.htm
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:19 am
Dreaming of Tim Hortons!

Hi Gaynor, you are correct about not needing to show funds, as it says on CIC that with arranged employment you do not need to meet these financial requirements. I think i will just put down 20000cad on the form and see what happens. We should be covered if its needed or not.
Also you are right about the house. Hopefully when we can track the application, and we know all seems to be ok and progressing, then we will have to put it on the market.
Lets face it, the sooner we can get out there the better.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:35 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

gaynor - you wrote about sap in one of your posts... im not sure about the london office (i'm already in canada, not british and did apply to buffalo which uses none but the regular way) but generally as soon as you have arranged employment you go the regular route. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-how.asp

and afaik proof of funds isn't mandatory for people with arranged employment - but can't find the according paragraph right know. have to get used to the new cic site...
edit: found it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

Last edited by lof; Jun 30th 2007 at 8:45 am.