Help needed!!

Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:42 am
Just Joined

czaph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed!!

Hi- I am Canadian and have sponsored my wife for PR- she is from UK but we have been in US (Philadelphia) for the last 10 years- so everything is now at Buffalo for processing and seemed ok...I have a job in BC and so we entered Canada today and my wife was given a 1 year visitor record (as people here had mentioned would happen). We are now on our way to Vancouver via my parents in Toronto.
Now here is the tricky part- upon gettting to Toronto we found a letter from the Health Canada stating that my wife is required to visit the original physician and undergo further tests by the original doctor in Philadelphia. She was honest and disclosed some previous medical conditions that she shouldn't have I guess.

We are now out of the US, have no healthcare coverage there and do not want to go back there. As my wife, I assumed she was exempt from the excessive medical burden clause. So the questions i have are:

1. Is it worth fighting this and try to get these further tests waived as she is exempt and it shouldnt matter?
2. As I think it is probably impossible to fight this, can we request a visit to another doctor in Canada?
3. Does anyone know how to contact them directly or indirectly to pursue these things?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Colby
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed!!

I'm not an expert but being "excessive demand exempt" doesn't mean that they wouldn't want to treat before entry to Canada/put you under medical surveillance after arrival in Canada for various things like TB... no idea if that's what you're talking about, just an example as to why you could be exempt yet called back.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:35 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed!!

Hi

Originally Posted by czaph
Hi- I am Canadian and have sponsored my wife for PR- she is from UK but we have been in US (Philadelphia) for the last 10 years- so everything is now at Buffalo for processing and seemed ok...I have a job in BC and so we entered Canada today and my wife was given a 1 year visitor record (as people here had mentioned would happen). We are now on our way to Vancouver via my parents in Toronto.
Now here is the tricky part- upon gettting to Toronto we found a letter from the Health Canada stating that my wife is required to visit the original physician and undergo further tests by the original doctor in Philadelphia. She was honest and disclosed some previous medical conditions that she shouldn't have I guess.

We are now out of the US, have no healthcare coverage there and do not want to go back there. As my wife, I assumed she was exempt from the excessive medical burden clause. So the questions i have are:

1. Is it worth fighting this and try to get these further tests waived as she is exempt and it shouldnt matter?
2. As I think it is probably impossible to fight this, can we request a visit to another doctor in Canada?
3. Does anyone know how to contact them directly or indirectly to pursue these things?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Colby
1. Contact Buffalo, their email is on their website. Explain the situation and they MAY direct you to another DMP.