Help Needed

Old Nov 19th 2006, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

nemysys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Needed

Hi

I need some help, and hope this is the right place to ask.

I am looking to come to Canada. I have over 16 years IT experience and 5 years in Social Housing in the UK. I also have a Degree in Education Studies.

The help i need is as follows:

1. I want to find a job and get an offer to apply for a work permit before I come to Canada. I am finding this difficult. I have contacted and applied for numerous jobs in the Newmarket area of Ontario and get no replies. How can I find a job with an offer to get a permit.

2. I currently have a friends son staying with me because of problems at home. She would like him to come with me as he would have a better life in Canada, and like me get the chance of a fresh start. he is 14. What would I have to do to enable this to happen.

My main concern is getting there. I really want to be able to find a job and then come out. My other option, which would take up a chunk of my money already saved for this, is to come on vacation for a few weeks and see what happens job wise. Can i therefore apply for a work permit when I am there, and could I arrange, if my friends lad is with me, for schooling for him.

Any help would be gratefully received.