Help - Need an Agency

Old May 2nd 2012, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

HodgeHall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - Need an Agency

Hi wonder if anyone could recommend an agency in the UK to assist us with our visa applications - my bf is waiting his LMO which is been processed by the company - we need to apply for PR but could do with some help with the paper work - we are based in London - any advice would be greatly appreciated ... also any idea of the cost ?
Thanks
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - Need an Agency

Originally Posted by HodgeHall
Hi wonder if anyone could recommend an agency in the UK to assist us with our visa applications - my bf is waiting his LMO which is been processed by the company - we need to apply for PR but could do with some help with the paper work - we are based in London - any advice would be greatly appreciated ... also any idea of the cost ?
Thanks
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Now that you've found this fabulous forum, you may find that you don't need any professional help with the forms! But if you do, then you can search the forum for recently recommended companies - note that they don't need to be in the UK and obviously you'll have much more choice if you look at Canada based firms (plus they'll usually be cheaper).

As for cost, it will depend on the visa route, which way were you planning on getting PR?

Good luck with the LMO, when are you expecting to hear?
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi
thanks for replying .. my BF has a job offer and they are in the process of applying for his LMO ... they say it will not be a problem. We have to apply for PR ourselves but i was wondering if we should wait until the LMO comes through and then apply -i have no job, no nothing - i am part of the package wtih him apparently !
Do you need to prove he has the LMO before applying for PR ? i woudl have thought that they would want to know he has this already before applying for PR ? or shall we put the wheels in motion now ?
C x
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for replying .. my BF has a job offer and they are in the process of applying for his LMO ... they say it will not be a problem.
I hope that they're right, although an awful lot of LMO's are being refused at the moment due to the economic climate. Fingers crossed though. Have they actually applied yet already?

We have to apply for PR ourselves but i was wondering if we should wait until the LMO comes through and then apply -i have no job, no nothing - i am part of the package wtih him apparently !
Do you need to prove he has the LMO before applying for PR ? i woudl have thought that they would want to know he has this already before applying for PR ? or shall we put the wheels in motion now ?
C x
It will all depend on whether you can apply for PR now - there are over 50 routes to PR, which one are you planning on applying under? Some of them he'll need to be working in the job in Canada before you can apply, others you could apply from the UK.

You would be 'part of the package' as long as you've lived together for a year or more as 'husband and wife' and can prove it, so you'd be considered his common-law spouse and go on his visa application. Whether you can work or not will depend on his job and the province you are going to.

If you can clarify which route you are talking about, which province you are going to and what your boyfriend's job is, then hopefully we can help and tell you if you can 'put the wheels in motion now' or not.
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Well fingers crossed .....
My BF is an M&E Manager .. he has English Heritage experience having worked on St Pancras which is why they were v interested in him. Right the job is in Missigurui (spelt wrong) he has a job offer and they are applying for his LMO. I have no idea what route we shoudl be going down .... i am totally confused by it all ...
Does this help at all ?
Thanks
C x
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

we have lived together for over three years so i guess i am tagged common law wife (oooo you gotta love that saying!) .....
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My BF is an M&E Manager .. he has English Heritage experience having worked on St Pancras which is why they were v interested in him. Right the job is in Missigurui (spelt wrong) he has a job offer and they are applying for his LMO. I have no idea what route we shoudl be going down .... i am totally confused by it all ...
No idea what an M&E Manager is, but I assume it's a 'skilled' job i.e. Skill Level A, O or B on the NOC Matrix? That is the crucial bit, if you're not sure then search for his NOC code using the search box on the bottom left of this page - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...1/welcome.aspx

Then once you've got his NOC code we can establish if it's a 'skilled' job or not on the Matrix.

If it is a skilled job, then you would be eligible for a Spousal Open Work Permit, and it will also mean that he can apply for PR as a Skilled Worker, although he will need to be working in Canada on his TWP before you can apply.

I'm still not sure whereabouts you are going though, do you mean Mississauga? In Ontario?
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

The job he has been offered is a Building Systems Manger II .. yes it is a skilled job (he was originally an electrician) does this help ? i just had a look and there are so many i wouldnt know where to start ...
Yes Mississauga thats it ....... !
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Ok so TWP should be applied for now ? in England or when he gets to Canada ... can he work on an LMO ?
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The job he has been offered is a Building Systems Manger II .. yes it is a skilled job (he was originally an electrician) does this help ? i just had a look and there are so many i wouldnt know where to start ...
Yes Mississauga thats it ....... !
Ah, ok. Have you visited Mississauga before out of interest? There are lots of threads on it if you want to do a quick search of the main Canada forum.

Ok so TWP should be applied for now ? in England or when he gets to Canada ... can he work on an LMO ?
He can't apply for his TWP until he's got his LMO, current timescales are around 12-16 weeks for that unless his employer is eligible to apply for an Accelerated LMO.

Once he's got the LMO he can apply for the TWP either via the London visa office (8-10 weeks) or just at the airport when he arrives, assuming that he is a UK citizen and doesn't need a medical (if he does, he'll have to apply via the visa ofice).

So firstly, the LMO, keeping fingers crossed that it comes back positive, but as long as the employer can show that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job, hopefully it should be granted.

Then he gets the TWP either via the visa office or at the airport when you both arrive in Canada.

Then once he's there working, you can apply for PR under the Federal Skilled Worker program. I'd suggest you download the application package and forms from the CIC website now so that you've got an idea of what you'll need to do, and what documents he'll need to take to Canada with him to apply - it may be easier to get them whilst he's still in the UK.

Does that help clarify it a bit?
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

A bit you are a star ...... ! its all so confusing ! thank you so very much .. good job i didnt fill in all those forms and then realise i didnt need to just yet !!!!! We are due to visit when his LMO is confirmed to have a look around and him visit the firm he has a job with ... its very scary ! I am if honest trying not to get to excited just in case the LMO is rejected ..
Thank you so much.
C x