Help! Need advice ASAP!!!

Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Need advice ASAP!!!

We got a letter today that starts off saying, "To complete processing of your application, I require valid passports for you and a notarized common-law statutory declaration. You must provide your passport(s) and common-law statutory declaration within 30 days of the date of this letter."

My OH old passport, which is the number that was originally submitted with application, expires next month, on the 12th of May. The letter says, on the receipt of passport the PR visa will be valid until then. Anticipating the expiry of the passport, he went ahead and applied for a new one, and we let the office know when he recieved it. Now he has an old, cancelled passport, and a new one. Does this mean everything is ruined?! Will they accept the new passport? I'm also not sure what a notarized common-law statutory declaration is but I'm sure we can figure that out.

We're happy to receive this letter but very worried about their rules and regulations.

Any advice???
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice
Default Re: Help! Need advice ASAP!!!

I think you are okay with the new passport, as they do state the visa is only valid for one year or less if your passport expires within that period. This is to give you the option for getting a renewal passport, so you have the maximum year. I hope this is the case because I have a new one, lost the old one a couple of months ago
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: Help! Need advice ASAP!!!

hi NFGirl

im sure i have seen some form on the cic website that is for the common-law statutory declaration, you complete this and then go and see a solicitor that does the 'notary' service. not all solicitors practices have a notary public, we had to ring around a few. i had to read a declaration then sign the paperwork in front of him (not for the same thing as you require)

so dont sign yours before hand, they then put a red seal on it and put in under a press to put there official stamp on it.

also check the price with them, my 1 document cost £40.00

good luck
k