Help Medical letter recieved

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Topic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Medical letter recieved

Hope someone can help me. We recently received our letter regarding our medical. It also contained request for additional information. In particular, they have asked for an updated police check from us. We sent one when we sent off the detailed documentation covering our time in London. We have been in Canada since last summer and no other country. Do I need to request a police check from RCMP or is it my understanding that CHC England do not require police check from Canada as they can access this? In that case, do I just send then a letter stating this?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all
Default Re: Help Medical letter recieved

I personally would get a new one from London AND one from your local RCMP station. We went into our local RCMP station here and they were really helpful. It costs $25 per certificate, and they give you it there and then.

Good luck
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by oakefam
I personally would get a new one from London AND one from your local RCMP station. We went into our local RCMP station here and they were really helpful. It costs $25 per certificate, and they give you it there and then.

Good luck
Please note, for an RCMP criminal records check for Immigration, you require a fingerprint check, a name check is not sufficient. If you are doing the fingerprint check, go to one of the supplies in the following link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob116.asp The digital fingerprint check results in about 3/4 days.

For the OP CHC/CIC wants a new UK check, they don't know if you have or have not been in the UK since the original was submitted.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all

We never had a fingerprint check at all, and we submitted 3 RCMP checks....we were never asked for the fingerprint one.....maybe things have changed then, but we only sent our RCMP check in this year.

However, get the fingerprint one done, if you want to be sure!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all.

So, even when the UK check submitted during documents request was within the 3 months date as specificied, I still need another one? I just don't want to incur another cost plus the time it will take to get the report and send it back to them. We have not been back in England since we left.

My medical letter was dated 15th September and I only received it today. Do you advise I send them an email requiring clarification on this?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

debs_2009 is on a distinguished road

I had the same request for police check certificates when my medical request came through (last Friday). I like yourself had sent them along with my application forms at the start of the process. I contacted the embassy in London to ask if I had to get an updated check and it turns out they requested the police checks in error and told me there was no need to send anything regarding that matter.

Hope this helps, might be best to ask the embassy as you don't want to spend money unnecessarily.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. This is what I thought as well. I will send them a quick email requesting clarification.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

debs_2009 is on a distinguished road

The embassy replied straight away to my email so at least you'll know pretty quickly. Good Luck.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

I received a reply from CIC by email confirming that I do not need a police check from Canada and to ignore the request for an updated police check from England as well. Just as I thought.