Help Me Somebody Please!!!

Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:28 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Me Somebody Please!!!

Originally Posted by helen bulmer
My Boyf is a plummer (skilled worked option) so is prob going to apply for permanent res, can I be his common law spouse and work here sponsored by him? Please say yes.....i will send you cookies.
You need to have been living with your boyfriend for at least a year, and have bills in both your names etc.. you'll find more info on sponsorship in the WIKI...
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:37 am
Just Joined

helen bulmer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goodpikey
really don't know what to tell you. my appeal was for an AEO so it really was quite different.
i imagine the only way you could appeal it is if your employer was unable to find a canadian to fill the role before it was given to you.

in the mean time it's probably best to try and find a job/employer that would be able to secure the LMO.

if you studied, maybe something in your field of study or if you look for the list of jobs under pressure in your province and see if you could get a start at one of them. these jobs are much easier to get the LMO!!
Im on it this weekend, thanks for advice
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kaye.
You need to have been living with your boyfriend for at least a year, and have bills in both your names etc.. you'll find more info on sponsorship in the WIKI...
So if he passess as skilled worker, get perm res, i can illustrate we have lived together for over a year, then he can defo sponsor me to live and work as his partner permanently?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kaye.
What is WIKI? My comp lingo is appauling.....
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What is WIKI? My comp lingo is appauling.....
On blue bar at top of page ^^^^^^. Have a read of that and you'll understand a lot more about the various visas available and how to get them.

If your boyf qualifies as a Skilled Worker (i.e. is a plumber, gets at least 67 points, has proof of funds, passes the medical etc) then he can apply and you can be on his application (again assuming you are his common-law spouse and can prove that you've lived together for a year or more). So you'd also get Permanent Residency via him, there's no need for him to sponsor you.

Hope that helps, good luck.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:16 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Start here then read here.

Good luck! Any specific questions then fire away!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No appeal, except for leave to appeal to the Federal Court, cost between $4K and $10K.
I went ove to the canadian consulate a few days ago to try and get a visa that way and they told me I needed to wait until my current visa ran out before I could apply for a visa with them, they could/would not answer me when I asked if I would need a LMO to apply for a temp work visa with them, the woman I dealt with was really un helpfull and said I would have to wait to find out when I tried. But I wondered if you knew whether they could give me a temp work permit. My boyf is trying for per res but due to time scales for responses we are potentially going to be unable to work for 6 month which means that route is no good.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I went ove to the canadian consulate a few days ago to try and get a visa that way and they told me I needed to wait until my current visa ran out before I could apply for a visa with them, they could/would not answer me when I asked if I would need a LMO to apply for a temp work visa with them, the woman I dealt with was really un helpfull and said I would have to wait to find out when I tried. But I wondered if you knew whether they could give me a temp work permit. My boyf is trying for per res but due to time scales for responses we are potentially going to be unable to work for 6 month which means that route is no good.
You can't get a Temporary Work Permit without a LMO (unless it's a working holiday visa i.e. Bunac - but you've already done that one!), so you'll need that first.

Make sure you get the LMO application in quickly if you decide to go that route, as it can take several months.

Perhaps your boyf could get his SW application in asap too, that way you'll have that processing as a back up if the LMO is refused? If he does everything as promptly as possible it should take approx 8 months for you both to get PR.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can't get a Temporary Work Permit without a LMO (unless it's a working holiday visa i.e. Bunac - but you've already done that one!), so you'll need that first.

Make sure you get the LMO application in quickly if you decide to go that route, as it can take several months.

Perhaps your boyf could get his SW application in asap too, that way you'll have that processing as a back up if the LMO is refused? If he does everything as promptly as possible it should take approx 8 months for you both to get PR.
Ok thank you everyone for brilliant advice.