Help Me Somebody Please!!!

Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:51 am
Just Joined

helen bulmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help Me Somebody Please!!!

My Labour Market Opinion has just been rejected. I want to stay in Canada but my visa runs out in July! I can not extend my 1 year working visa. There are no 1 year working visa's left to give out for a Britt either. Can any body help. I feel so desperate and the web sites I am directed to offer me no solution, nor do the call centres.

Your help will be muchley apprechiated!

Kind Regards

Helen
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Me Somebody Please!!!

Hi

Originally Posted by helen bulmer
My Labour Market Opinion has just been rejected. I want to stay in Canada but my visa runs out in July! I can not extend my 1 year working visa. There are no 1 year working visa's left to give out for a Britt either. Can any body help. I feel so desperate and the web sites I am directed to offer me no solution, nor do the call centres.

Kind Regards

Helen
1. One option, another job offer with LMO.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Kind Regards

Helen
Which province are you in Helen? And welcome to the forum btw.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

Kind Regards

Helen
can you not appeal the decision and write a letter clearly stating your side of things.
my AEO was rejected first time round but the appeal letter got it through without any further questions. i know a LMO is different but it's probably worth a shot!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. One option, another job offer with LMO.
Thank you for getting in touch, I very much apprechiate it. My LMO was rejected because immigration said that im basically taking this job from a potential Canadian which is to the detrement of the Niagara region. I would have to be doing something that no Canadian was capable or willing to do.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which province are you in Helen? And welcome to the forum btw.
Thank you very much and thank you for the welcome.

I am in Ontario, Niagara Falls.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by goodpikey
can you not appeal the decision and write a letter clearly stating your side of things.
my AEO was rejected first time round but the appeal letter got it through without any further questions. i know a LMO is different but it's probably worth a shot!
How do I go about appealing the decision, my concern is that friends I have in Canada have had the same problem and these friends are in far more unique careers. I am a sevice manager - on $14 - which is more than the NOC suggests and pretty much anyone is capable of the job - there are no special skills or education required - therefore I dont really have a leg to stand on to try and illustrate that I have a special knowledge, experience or education that means I have earned this job over a Canadian.

Long term I think the only solution is to find another path to remain her. I will try and appeal it though if you can point me in the right direction.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

How do I go about appealing the decision, my concern is that friends I have in Canada have had the same problem and these friends are in far more unique careers. I am a sevice manager - on $14 - which is more than the NOC suggests and pretty much anyone is capable of the job - there are no special skills or education required - therefore I dont really have a leg to stand on to try and illustrate that I have a special knowledge, experience or education that means I have earned this job over a Canadian.

Long term I think the only solution is to find another path to remain her. I will try and appeal it though if you can point me in the right direction.
really don't know what to tell you. my appeal was for an AEO so it really was quite different.
i imagine the only way you could appeal it is if your employer was unable to find a canadian to fill the role before it was given to you.

in the mean time it's probably best to try and find a job/employer that would be able to secure the LMO.

if you studied, maybe something in your field of study or if you look for the list of jobs under pressure in your province and see if you could get a start at one of them. these jobs are much easier to get the LMO!!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

the link for the occupation under pressure in ontario!

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...L_200611_e.pdf
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

No appeal, except for leave to appeal to the Federal Court, cost between $4K and $10K.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:06 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Were you on a BUNAC visa when you got the job?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goodpikey
the link for the occupation under pressure in ontario!

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...L_200611_e.pdf
Weren't the OUP lists done away with when the new Skilled Worker system came in to existence?

To the OP - doesn't look as though you've got any option other than to try and get another LMO. Presumably your employer has already given proof of their advertising efforts for the position and proven that they've been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job? Can you get them to try again, or try and find another job and get a LMO that way?

for you, best of luck.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kaye.
Were you on a BUNAC visa when you got the job?
Yes, your right, it was Bunac. They have run out of 1 year working visa for Canada also!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Weren't the OUP lists done away with when the new Skilled Worker system came in to existence?

To the OP - doesn't look as though you've got any option other than to try and get another LMO. Presumably your employer has already given proof of their advertising efforts for the position and proven that they've been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job? Can you get them to try again, or try and find another job and get a LMO that way?

for you, best of luck.
Yes all of the above is correct, I evidenced 6 advertisements the company made to recruit before they were able to hire me. So I have been informed that appealing is fruitless - to expensive - I may be regarded as a skilled worker due to my education and bank management experience, I currently manage a service department. If my employers re -titled my role to 'service and financial manager' would that work, as financial manager is on the skilled worker list. My Boyf is a plummer (skilled worked option) so is prob going to apply for permanent res, can I be his common law spouse and work here sponsored by him? Please say yes.....i will send you cookies.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No appeal, except for leave to appeal to the Federal Court, cost between $4K and $10K.
Thats so wrong, how can one person have the power to decide my fate! The job I am doing has been filled 3 times within this year with each member of staff being fired for being incapable! Also we are advertising jobs constantly online for our telemarketing room contstantly which was how I was recruited. I feel as though im being punished for being offered promoted. Arghhh. This is a mine filed. Thanks though. The forum is so amazing. I cant believe how kind people can be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.