Wikiposts

help with marriage

Old Oct 12th 2004, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Question help with marriage

i have been dating a guy for over two years. we met in canada before i came here to work. never really dated until i arrived!
can anyone possibly help me with some advice?

i am here under the live in caregivers programme and i have to complete two years employment in order to apply for PR. i am very unhappy in my job and i have good skills and i know i am worth so much more. my fiance and i have considered marriage. i have until next august until i can complete the two years. i am on a very poor wage for a challenging job. i never mind hard work but some people really do extract the urine!
i am unable to live with my fiance under this programme and this is a nightmare.
i just want to set up home and some stability. can anyone help at all or do i simply soldier on and wait?

i would be extremly gratful for any advice.
i am not looking to cheat anyone or sponge of the government i really do intend to place my feet firmly on the ground and work hard.

many thanks
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:56 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help with marriage

You have only 2 options - survive another 10 months and apply for PR status on your own or get married now and let your husband sponsor you. Just be aware that you need to provide a lot of evidence conclusively proving that it is a bona fide relationship, not just a marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration. Marriage certificate alone won't prove it.

Originally Posted by babyblue
i have been dating a guy for over two years. we met in canada before i came here to work. never really dated until i arrived!
can anyone possibly help me with some advice?

i am here under the live in caregivers programme and i have to complete two years employment in order to apply for PR. i am very unhappy in my job and i have good skills and i know i am worth so much more. my fiance and i have considered marriage. i have until next august until i can complete the two years. i am on a very poor wage for a challenging job. i never mind hard work but some people really do extract the urine!
i am unable to live with my fiance under this programme and this is a nightmare.
i just want to set up home and some stability. can anyone help at all or do i simply soldier on and wait?

i would be extremly gratful for any advice.
i am not looking to cheat anyone or sponge of the government i really do intend to place my feet firmly on the ground and work hard.

many thanks
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks for your advice.
i am in no way a scammer. it does anger me that i am totally legitimate and i am strugling so much.

i sold everything in England in order to pay for all the expenses to move here.

i have no intentions of cheating the system at all.
My fiance and i have been talking about this for a while but i needed to get advice before going ahead with it. i know that the government does like proof of cohabitation with partner. but under the Caregivers programme i am not allowed to do this. My hands are completly tied.
I work 11 hours a day and i take care of three children(one is severly disabled).
i feel i am totally wasting my skills as a caregiver and being seriously underpaid. i know i could use my skills and move forward in my life.

if you have any more information in relation to this i would be extremly gratful. especially the process.

many thanks

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You have only 2 options - survive another 10 months and apply for PR status on your own or get married now and let your husband sponsor you. Just be aware that you need to provide a lot of evidence conclusively proving that it is a bona fide relationship, not just a marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration. Marriage certificate alone won't prove it.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:19 am

You need to prove 12 months cohabitation when applying as common-law partner, not as a spouse. But when applying as a spouse you must provide conclusive evidence proving that relationship is a bona fide one.

Many thanks for your advice.
i am in no way a scammer. it does anger me that i am totally legitimate and i am strugling so much.

i sold everything in England in order to pay for all the expenses to move here.

i have no intentions of cheating the system at all.
My fiance and i have been talking about this for a while but i needed to get advice before going ahead with it. i know that the government does like proof of cohabitation with partner. but under the Caregivers programme i am not allowed to do this. My hands are completly tied.
I work 11 hours a day and i take care of three children(one is severly disabled).
i feel i am totally wasting my skills as a caregiver and being seriously underpaid. i know i could use my skills and move forward in my life.

if you have any more information in relation to this i would be extremly gratful. especially the process.

many thanks
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou Mr Miller

i appreciate your advice. you hear so many cases of people being deported and i do not wish to be one of them. i work hard and i have a responsible job. i have several years of personal experience with disabled children and i wish to persue a career in education for special needs. I was actually speaking to someone the other day whom said that the local school for special needs are looking for further employee's.
this, as you can imagine was frustrating for me. i know that time will go fast but i guess at my age i am looking for serious employment. with the experience of the family i am working for you can appreciate me wishing to fast track my career.

i met my fiance in june 2002. we started to dated officially when i arrived here in august 2003. In between, i visited canada several times in order to persue the relationship and find work. i have letters, photo's etc dated back to january 2003. is this the sort of evidence your are refering to?

if there is anything else you could give me advice on i would be extremly grateful.
what do we have to do in order to marry here?

many thanks

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You need to prove 12 months cohabitation when applying as common-law partner, not as a spouse. But when applying as a spouse you must provide conclusive evidence proving that relationship is a bona fide one.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:01 pm

I'm sorry but nobody can answer your question without detailed evaluation of the evidence you have.

Thankyou Mr Miller

i appreciate your advice. you hear so many cases of people being deported and i do not wish to be one of them. i work hard and i have a responsible job. i have several years of personal experience with disabled children and i wish to persue a career in education for special needs. I was actually speaking to someone the other day whom said that the local school for special needs are looking for further employee's.
this, as you can imagine was frustrating for me. i know that time will go fast but i guess at my age i am looking for serious employment. with the experience of the family i am working for you can appreciate me wishing to fast track my career.

i met my fiance in june 2002. we started to dated officially when i arrived here in august 2003. In between, i visited canada several times in order to persue the relationship and find work. i have letters, photo's etc dated back to january 2003. is this the sort of evidence your are refering to?

if there is anything else you could give me advice on i would be extremly grateful.
what do we have to do in order to marry here?

many thanks