Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help on making my temporary stay permanent!

Help on making my temporary stay permanent!

Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:44 am
Just Joined

goingforgloria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help on making my temporary stay permanent!

Hi everyone!

On the kind advice of someone from this forum, I came to Canada on a BUNAC working holiday starting in June to finally be together with my girlfriend of 3 years, she is a Canadian citizen and I am British. I now have 6 months left of my working visa and am hoping to make it permanent, we have been living together since I arrived here and I have been working since September. I know that applications for permanent residency can take a long time to go through and I am really hoping that I can stay here through that process. Does anyone have any advice as to how I should apply, under which class etc. Would it be best for me to go through a lawyer? I can't really afford it but am willing to find a way if people think this would make things easier.

Thanks for any help!

Bert
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:07 am
Just Joined

only44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help on making my temporary stay permanent!

hi!

yes the process is very long - from start from applied to PNP I am still waiting for PP back but so was more then one year.

You can find employer to sponsor you. and then Nominee Program every province have different www so find your province. but to get a work permit is about 5 months or more. ( I applied for work permit in August and I received at December) this is my time line from Applied for Nominee Program

http://www.trackitt.com/member/only44

You can be a babysitter - find a family and after 2 years working with them you can start getting a PR - but I am not familiar with that.

You can get married and try try that process - but I am not familiar with that also.

My advice - do not go through a lawyer. they cant help you to get PR faster (cant speed up you process) - all documents will go through his hand so the process can go slower. But they can get your money easy

If you are rich or/and you do not care about spending money go use lawyer.

If You can feel up applications - do it by your self (I did - and I did not use any representative like lawyer)

ask question on forums read others question etc this can help.

couple www:
forums: (that forum is good and the two below the last one eh wasn't so helpful but this is my experience)

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...oard/index.php
http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...t.asp?CAT_ID=2

gov www:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...rate/ainp.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/

I hope that help a little bit

good luck!

Originally Posted by goingforgloria
Hi everyone!

On the kind advice of someone from this forum, I came to Canada on a BUNAC working holiday starting in June to finally be together with my girlfriend of 3 years, she is a Canadian citizen and I am British. I now have 6 months left of my working visa and am hoping to make it permanent, we have been living together since I arrived here and I have been working since September. I know that applications for permanent residency can take a long time to go through and I am really hoping that I can stay here through that process. Does anyone have any advice as to how I should apply, under which class etc. Would it be best for me to go through a lawyer? I can't really afford it but am willing to find a way if people think this would make things easier.

Thanks for any help!

Bert
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:22 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Thanks for any help!

Bert
What job do you do?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
What job do you do?
I am working as a cleaner at a hospital, I don't believe I'll be able to apply as a skilled worker, I was looking more at applying through the conjugal partner status.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:39 am
Just Joined

I am designer

what I know there is somewhere a list of job what under you can apply for PNP.

I am working as a cleaner at a hospital, I don't believe I'll be able to apply as a skilled worker, I was looking more at applying through the conjugal partner status.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by only44
I am designer

what I know there is somewhere a list of job what under you can apply for PNP.
Are you currently living in Canada?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:09 am
Just Joined

yes

Are you currently living in Canada?