Help! LMOs, TWPs and PNPs

Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

cmetty41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! LMOs, TWPs and PNPs

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I also read your op very quickly lol
Hi You seem to know a lot about moving to Canada,so maybe i could get some info from you.I have been offered employment in Regina.I am applying for a work permit through the canadian embassy in London.How and what is the process for getting my wife to Canada with me?We currntly live in the UK.Yur help is much appreciated
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmetty41
Hi You seem to know a lot about moving to Canada,so maybe i could get some info from you.I have been offered employment in Regina.I am applying for a work permit through the canadian embassy in London.How and what is the process for getting my wife to Canada with me?We currntly live in the UK.Yur help is much appreciated
Is it an offer of a permanent job? If not, has the company got an LMO or at least applied for one? Otherwise you're wasting your time talking to the Embassy.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Is it an offer of a permanent job? If not, has the company got an LMO or at least applied for one? Otherwise you're wasting your time talking to the Embassy.
yes its a permanent job offer and and lmo has been recieved by the company
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

If you where earning between $1400 and £1600 a weeek what would the deductions from this add up to roughly in Canada????
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

yes its a permanent job offer and and lmo has been recieved by the company
Now I'm confused. If it's permanent you should be applying for PR through SW2 and the company doesn't need an LMO. If it's temporary and the LMO has been issued, you don't need a TWP from the Embassy (you can if you want) but easier is just to have it issued at your point of entry on the strength of the LMO.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

it would all depend on what part of canada.all differant tax codes in diff provinces
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:57 pm
Born again atheist

If you where earning between $1400 and £1600 a weeek what would the deductions from this add up to roughly in Canada????
$'s or pounds? There are tax calculators all over the web.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:07 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

as a very rough calculation i'd deduct about 26% for the gross - that takes into accout tax, CPP and EI.

If your company has applied for an LMO have a look on the skills matrix to see if your job falles under category A C D or O or whatever the hell the letter are.

If it does your wife can apply for a spousal open work permit at the border.

I am presuming that you guys will be applying for pr once you get here on the strength of our job.

Bear in mind to get a temporary work permit at the border - the offer of your job has to be temporary too although I do believe it can state something along the lines of "this is a temporary position that could become permanent should XXXXX become a permanent resident.

I don't know a lot - just from my experience and reading on here for 5 years () processes change so if I am incorrect in what I am putting - someone else will come along to correct it
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you could start your own thread with any questions, it would be better, rather than hijacking the OP's. Any general queries (i.e. questions about taxes etc) belong in the main Canada forum, any visa related queries in here. If in doubt, have a read of the link in my signature which has a good guide for newbies. There is also lots of info in the Wiki (including how to apply for a SOWP).

If it's temporary and the LMO has been issued, you don't need a TWP from the Embassy (you can if you want) but easier is just to have it issued at your point of entry on the strength of the LMO.
Just to add to this that not everybody can get a TWP at POE - those requiring medicals for instance, or who are from a country that requires a visitor visa, do need to apply via a visa office.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:35 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just to add to this that not everybody can get a TWP at POE - those requiring medicals for instance, or who are from a country that requires a visitor visa, do need to apply via a visa office.
True enough. But I think that's the least of the poster's confusions.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

boybiskit is an unknown quantity at this point

True enough. But I think that's the least of the poster's confusions.
Fair point! With so much to learn so quickly, it really isn't taking much to confuse me right now! Help on here is definitely helping me find my feet though

And I know how lucky I am to be this far on and to have found an employer willing to go through the hassle of an LMO: we only decided that we definitely want to move last month!