Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP! Last minute PR to send or not to send

HELP! Last minute PR to send or not to send

Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Clearpupil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! Last minute PR to send or not to send

I'm leaving UK in 2 weeks to join Canadian spouse and british kids, I have just received a TWP, but sitting on a pile of PR application forms via spousal sponsorship route that I completed in case the TWP did not come through.

My questions are:

1) should I send off my PR application forms to London as I leave to Canada
2) can the TWP medical (June 2012) be used by the HC to process
3) is this going to get flung back at me for applying "outside Canada" when I will be, with any luck, "inside Canada from 30th September.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! Last minute PR to send or not to send

It all depends if you want to complete an Inland or Outland route.
You can still be in Canada and do an Outland route.
Read this link
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Clearpupil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP! Last minute PR to send or not to send

Thank you: I would much prefer outland - as you advised it is faster and now there are at least 14 hours of preparatory work lying on my living room floor, I need to walk around to reach my desk. It would be nice to send it away.