Help !!! Landing question ??

Old May 8th 2003, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

alvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help !!! Landing question ??

When I applied for Canadian PR two years ago, I was in California and hence chose Vancouver, BC as destination due to ease of landing and all.
Now I work and live in Pennsylvania and would like to know If I can land in Toronto and live there, or land in Toronto and move to Vancouver at a later date if living in Toronto is not legally/technically possible.
Personally I don't care which province as long as I have a job and I am in Canada.

Please suggest.
Thanks a bunch.
-Alvin
Old May 8th 2003, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all
Default Re: Help !!! Landing question ??

Originally posted by alvin
When I applied for Canadian PR two years ago, I was in California and hence chose Vancouver, BC as destination due to ease of landing and all.
Now I work and live in Pennsylvania and would like to know If I can land in Toronto and live there, or land in Toronto and move to Vancouver at a later date if living in Toronto is not legally/technically possible.
Personally I don't care which province as long as I have a job and I am in Canada.

Please suggest.
Thanks a bunch.
-Alvin
You can land anywhere you want except Quebec
Old May 8th 2003, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

alvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Sysclp !!

Do you personally know someone who had done this in the past ? Is it something that is mentioned in the CIC guidelines somewhere ?
just wanted to make sure it is technically/legally allowed.

Anyone else wants to share his/her views on this ?

Help appreciated.

Thanks
Al

Originally posted by sysclp
You can land anywhere you want except Quebec
Old May 8th 2003, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally posted by alvin
Thanks, Sysclp !!

Do you personally know someone who had done this in the past ? Is it something that is mentioned in the CIC guidelines somewhere ?
just wanted to make sure it is technically/legally allowed.

Anyone else wants to share his/her views on this ?

Help appreciated.

Thanks
Al
This question has been asked on this forum many times and the answer has always been that you can land anywhere you want except in Quebec since they have their own immigration process you have to pass in addition to the regular one. Land where you want, it won't be a problem.