help?information on lmo

Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

jimmyd181 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help?information on lmo

hello jimmy here,i got my lmo yesterday,i am heading out next week.i have one question.can my wife and 10 year old son follow me out in january on that or do they have to applay for something else.i have been checking the forum all day and cant find an answer.anybody with any information would be great,thanks
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help?information on lmo

Originally Posted by jimmyd181
hello jimmy here,i got my lmo yesterday,i am heading out next week.i have one question.can my wife and 10 year old son follow me out in january on that or do they have to applay for something else.i have been checking the forum all day and cant find an answer.anybody with any information would be great,thanks
Hi Jimmy, and welcome to BE.

Firstly, congrats on the positive LMO!

Your wife and son can follow you out, that's no problem. Your son may need a study permit, depending on his age and the school district of where you will be moving to (some insist on it, some don't), and your wife may be able to get a Spousal Open Work Permit depending on your job and the province you are going to.

Both can be applied for at the airport when they arrive, the same as your TWP. Your wife will need certain documents if she wants to apply for a SOWP - info is in the Wiki.

Good luck.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

More info is needed. How long is the LMO valid for. Is your wife wanting to work and if so is she even eligible? What is your job occupation, are you classed as a skilled worker. Will your son be going to school etc etc

I know I was beaten to it no need for highlighting lol
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

jimmyd181 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the quick replies,my lmo is for 1 year with an option of extending it.my wife is not planning on working until we get sorted.i am moving to calgary,i am a ironworker,the alberta trade board have passed my paperwork.my son has to go to school, so if he needs a study visa who do i contact for that,thanks jimmy.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 11:21 am

iol1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimmyd181
thanks for the quick replies,my lmo is for 1 year with an option of extending it.my wife is not planning on working until we get sorted.i am moving to calgary,i am a ironworker,the alberta trade board have passed my paperwork.my son has to go to school, so if he needs a study visa who do i contact for that,thanks jimmy.
Hi is the company you going to work for called LMS?
i might be going out next year, any info on how you are getting on appreciated