Wikiposts

Help!! I am in a big confusion

Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

mnbvcxz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!! I am in a big confusion

I am undertaking a 1 year IT diploma course at an institute that is registered and approved under private career colleges act. I am about to finish school in middle of october and have got a job in the field of my studies but some of my friends told me that i couldnt apply for a post grad work permit coz its a private college not a community college. I have applied for immigration thru buffalo in april 2004 and got my aor in april 2004 itself. what are my chances for getting a post grad work permit. Or is it better to go back to school again.

Thanx in advance

Mnbvcxz
Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:22 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!! I am in a big confusion

The provisions outlined for post-graduate work permit only apply to students engaged in full-time studies at a university, community college, CEGEP, publicly funded trade/technical school or at a private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.

Completion of the study program in the college you enrolled into doesn't qualify for post-graduate work permit.

Originally Posted by mnbvcxz
I am undertaking a 1 year IT diploma course at an institute that is registered and approved under private career colleges act. I am about to finish school in middle of october and have got a job in the field of my studies but some of my friends told me that i couldnt apply for a post grad work permit coz its a private college not a community college. I have applied for immigration thru buffalo in april 2004 and got my aor in april 2004 itself. what are my chances for getting a post grad work permit. Or is it better to go back to school again.

Thanx in advance

Mnbvcxz