Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP, HOW MANY POLICE CHECKS DO I NEED?

Wikiposts

HELP, HOW MANY POLICE CHECKS DO I NEED?

Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:54 am
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all
Exclamation HELP, HOW MANY POLICE CHECKS DO I NEED?

Please help I am in a panic!!!

I am 37 and have lived in France, England and Ireland, I have moved address dozens of times,
how many police checks do I need, will one from each country be ok and which area do I contact.

Someone said it is the last 10 years that count, that would mean England and France, as I have not lived in Ireland since about 1997, is this true?.

Also, I had one done about 4 years ago, when I was a in a volunteer group, can I use this and get one for the last 4 years?

confused????
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:14 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP, HOW MANY POLICE CHECKS DO I NEED?

Police checks must be current, so the old one won't do, also you need one for all countries where you have spent six consecutive months since you were 18. Not just the last 10 years I don't believe, but since you were 18. So you need three, unless you spend six months somewhere else as well.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:23 am
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Police checks must be current, so the old one won't do, also you need one for all countries where you have spent six consecutive months since you were 18. Not just the last 10 years I don't believe, but since you were 18. So you need three, unless you spend six months somewhere else as well.
thanks for the reply,

can you tell me what town to apply and how many I need as I have lived in dozens of different address's in England and 3 here in France.

cheers
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishsamx
thanks for the reply,

can you tell me what town to apply and how many I need as I have lived in dozens of different address's in England and 3 here in France.

cheers
Hi

We got ours for UK from New Scotland Yard, London which covers England and Wales and possibly Northern Ireland. Scotland is a different check as would Southern Ireland be. Correct me if I am wrong.
Good luck with the rest of the waiting period
Stef and Lins
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:39 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

All the info you need is here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/index.asp

In the UK just apply to your local county force, that is sufficient. Pop into your local police station and they'll give you the forms, or check your local county forces website as they may be on there. For England and Wales you just need to apply to your local force, as all police checks go through the central police computer anyway. Some say apply direct to the Met but it's not necessary, they're all handled the same anyway, just printed on different paper. But your local county force is sufficient. When you apply you have to list all your addresses and dates in the UK, but you only need the one application check.

As for France and the Republic of Ireland, the above site gives the addresses to write to.