HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

bigjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys/Gals
I need help and information please.I have been in Alberta for 5 months on a skilled worker programme (welder) and all is good well ALMOST ALL. My wife is joining me in a few weeks and will get a permit on the strength of mine and my daughter(22) and grand daughter can stay as visitors for as long as I'm here which is good.
Now here is the problem.My future son in law applied for a Holiday Working Visa which was refused purely because they only allocate 5000 per year and he was just unlucky not to receive one as he had all the police checks done and his form was filled correctly.
He is a fully qualified carpenter and would qualify under the same programme as me (skilled worker-temp foreign work permit) .We made the decision as a family that he should come over to Alberta as a visitor on holiday where he could look for employment whilst he was here,well he has been here for under a week and already been offered full time work in town as a carpenter and they will give him an employment job offer letter.He also has his form ready to submit to AIT as a skilled worker but the HUGE worry and stumbling block is that immigration stated on his arrival that if he is not out of the country by the 19th May (3 weeks) he will be arrested which is a big concern for everyone as we all want relocate and be a family.
Please please!!!!! help is there anyway he can stay here until his application is processed my family arrive in a few weeks where we are moving into a house and hope to begin our new lifes but this has put a massive spanner/wrench in the works.He is an excellent kid(24) with great manners and a great work ethic.
So SORRY for going on folks but if I ever needed peoples help it is now:fingerscrossed :
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:44 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by bigjohn
Hi Guys/Gals
I need help and information please.I have been in Alberta for 5 months on a skilled worker programme (welder) and all is good well ALMOST ALL. My wife is joining me in a few weeks and will get a permit on the strength of mine and my daughter(22) and grand daughter can stay as visitors for as long as I'm here which is good.
Now here is the problem.My future son in law applied for a Holiday Working Visa which was refused purely because they only allocate 5000 per year and he was just unlucky not to receive one as he had all the police checks done and his form was filled correctly.
He is a fully qualified carpenter and would qualify under the same programme as me (skilled worker-temp foreign work permit) .We made the decision as a family that he should come over to Alberta as a visitor on holiday where he could look for employment whilst he was here,well he has been here for under a week and already been offered full time work in town as a carpenter and they will give him an employment job offer letter.He also has his form ready to submit to AIT as a skilled worker but the HUGE worry and stumbling block is that immigration stated on his arrival that if he is not out of the country by the 19th May (3 weeks) he will be arrested which is a big concern for everyone as we all want relocate and be a family.
Please please!!!!! help is there anyway he can stay here until his application is processed my family arrive in a few weeks where we are moving into a house and hope to begin our new lifes but this has put a massive spanner/wrench in the works.He is an excellent kid(24) with great manners and a great work ethic.
So SORRY for going on folks but if I ever needed peoples help it is now:fingerscrossed :
He can apply online for an extension to his visitor permit, they should give him 6 months, make sure he applies before this one runs out - and then when it does run out he will be on whats called "implied status" until the new one comes. I think it costs $75

In the meantime his emplyers can do the LMO thing and it should all work out timewise!

Oops forgot to add that the forms are on the CIC website, for extending your stay as a visitor.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This is an interesting one but I need details as in this case an application for an extension for implied status might be mute if CBSA have issued a visitor record with terms and conditions with specific instructions.

1. What date was the return ticket for?
2. Did he tick personal visit on the declaration card?
3. How long did he put down he was coming for?
4. Was he issued a document Visitor Record form IMM 1442.
5. If he was is there a notation stating must report to CBSA prior to departure?
6. If no document was issued and just the passport stamped then he has essentially been given 6 months.

Read sections 13.20, 13.21 & 13.22 of this manual
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf04-eng.pdf

An application to extend does not override a decision made by CBSA in this case.