Wikiposts

Help! Help! Help!

Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help! Help! Help!

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
from the met website this only applies if you USED to live in london. if you didnt ever live in london then you cant do it via the Met.
So, should I be doing it through my local station in Liverpool? Or do I contact the Head Quarters in Liverpool? Where do I get the forms from?!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
So, should I be doing it through my local station in Liverpool? Or do I contact the Head Quarters in Liverpool? Where do I get the forms from?!
i got ours from th local police HQ. ask for the information compliance unit.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
i got ours from th local police HQ. ask for the information compliance unit.
The thing is, is that I'm in Canada right now - not in the UK. Is there anywhere I can download them from, or can I just send in the Police Certificate/Clearances form I got with the application for sponsoring a spouse/common-law partner?!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
The thing is, is that I'm in Canada right now - not in the UK. Is there anywhere I can download them from, or can I just send in the Police Certificate/Clearances form I got with the application for sponsoring a spouse/common-law partner?!
I sent off to Nottingham Police from over here and it wasn't a problem. Include the letter in Appendix B. Also, I had to include a photocopy of ID - so I included my driving license and passport and had the copy signed by a professional stating that it was in fact me. They actually sent these back which surprised me as they were just copies.

There are a few websites that you can check out:

The guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33023.PDF

Merseyside Police, Police checks: http://www.merseyside.police.uk/html...info/index.htm

FAQs (these are from the MET - but may help):
http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/faq.htm

....and just a quick edit when I said:
Originally Posted by L'il Bear
Expect it to take at least 40 days
earlier in the thread - I was getting all mixed up - that is how long the UK checks take. The RCMP ones takes something like 4 months - sorry for the error.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am not an expert but thought I would add my thoughts to this..

I requested mine 2 weeks ago with south yorkshire police..

They require 2 photocopies of ID, something with your address on and one has to be photographic, I used passport and medical card..

I was able to download and printout the form and sent it with a £10 cheque and the photocopies...

A week later they sent my copies back to me, a receipt for the payment and a letter saying its been forwarded to the National ID service, subject access office at new scotland yard for processing, who will reply directly to me within 40 days.. I understand from reading threads on here if you put a very polite letter in asking for urgency you may get it a little quicker.. also remember to give them the address you would like it returned to.

I will be sending mine in with my completed spousal sponsorship application when I have everything together for it..

I did a little search and found this link for you.. hope it helps

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/html...info/index.htm

Pauline (hope the link bit worked.. not done it before..!)
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I would add this.. I wonder if you have someone in the UK to have it returned to, they could forward it to London for you with the file reference number and covering letter.. quicker than going accross to Montreal and back..

Not sure if the Police service would do this but worth considering..

I'm sure you've thought of it anyway but just in case..!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ptomlin01
Just thought I would add this.. I wonder if you have someone in the UK to have it returned to, they could forward it to London for you with the file reference number and covering letter.. quicker than going accross to Montreal and back..

Not sure if the Police service would do this but worth considering..

I'm sure you've thought of it anyway but just in case..!
just be aware when i got west mercia to do mine they would only send the results to an adress you could prove you had ties with. so they wouldnt just send it to a friend or family.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:20 am
Just Joined

Blimeygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the interesting thing is when my husband applied for his they refused to deliver it to our address in Germany and forced him to give a UK address (his parent's address - where he used to live).
So we then had to get the parents to send it over to Germany so we could include it in our package which made the process even longer.

It seems a bit silly that they would only send to a UK address - surely not everyone lives in the UK forever??
Given that I am posting on this board I know that is not the case