Wikiposts

Help! Help! Help!

Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Help! Help! Help!

Hi, guys!

OK, now I'm panicking! We're in the process of applying for the Spousal/common-law sponsorship and we sent out application in on July 31st, Missisauga received it August 1st and on September 6th we received the approval for my boyfriend as a sponsor. Now our application is in London waiting to be processed! My dilemma is should I have got Police Checks for myself from the Met and the RCMP?? The application that we got to fill in says that people from the United Kingdom (and other countries) did not need to supply one with the form, if need be they would be informed at a later date to supply one. So I didn't get one. Now someone on another forum is telling me that I do need to!! I looked at the online forms and it says that I SHOULD...but the form we have at home says not too...what do I do?! :curse: Do I send off for them now?! How long will it take?! I don't want it to slow down the process! Argh!!

I knew I should have just got them done at the beginning!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, guys!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help! Help! Help!

as far as i am aware everyone needs to submit police clearances. maybe include a cover letter with the application for them...stating what is happening..you have an application pending for immigration and require the clearance as soon as possible..? good luck!!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
as far as i am aware everyone needs to submit police clearances. maybe include a cover letter with the application for them...stating what is happening..you have an application pending for immigration and require the clearance as soon as possible..? good luck!!
Thanks, Maple Leaf! Do you (or anyone) happen to know how long it might take?

Cheers!

Kate
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Thanks, Maple Leaf! Do you (or anyone) happen to know how long it might take?

Cheers!

Kate
where do you actualy need to get them from..?

you will need one from Canada if you have spent more than 6 mths in it...when the time comes to send you application in.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
where do you actualy need to get them from..?

you will need one from Canada if you have spent more than 6 mths in it...when the time comes to send you application in.
I need to get them for England (where I'm from) and also Canada because I have been here for 4 years! The problem is, is that we have already sent in our forms! Our application is already in London and we had the first stage approved already in Mississauga! This is why I'm freaking out!!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Blimeygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I read the same thing in the Immigrant's Guide about UK police check but also read on here to submit them with the application, so we went ahead and got one.
It took almost the full 40 days to come back to us so I think it is worthwhile to do it ahead of time.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ok.....after some searching i found this on the newly update or refurbished confusing CIC web site....>>>

How to obtain a police certificate

Citizenship and Immigration Canada- How to obtain a police certificateUnited Kingdom (including England, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)

i also found this Thread on a search..>

Police Clearance Cert UK - fees and where?

Last edited by Maple Leaf; Sep 17th 2007 at 6:04 am.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

We're currently applying for PR having been accepted by BC PNP.

BC PNP actually said to sumbit our PR application without UK police checks, and just add a covering letter that these will follow at a later date.

Also, we were told that we don't need to get RCMP checks ourselves as CIC will do this.

But my rule of thumb, is if in doubt just send everything off and for the sake of $20 or however much it is, apply for more police checks.

Good luck
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by live to ski
We're currently applying for PR having been accepted by BC PNP.

BC PNP actually said to sumbit our PR application without UK police checks, and just add a covering letter that these will follow at a later date.

Also, we were told that we don't need to get RCMP checks ourselves as CIC will do this.

But my rule of thumb, is if in doubt just send everything off and for the sake of $20 or however much it is, apply for more police checks.

Good luck
Thanks guys! Isn't it weird that we all get different instructions for the very same process! No wonder most of us a totally baffled by the whole immigration process! I have to say CIC is the worse to get information out of! :curse:

Last edited by Giggles2080; Sep 17th 2007 at 7:46 am.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys! Isn't it weird that we all get different instructions for the very same process! No wonder most of us a totally baffled by the whole immigration process! I have to say CIC is the worse to get information out of! :curse:
it gets even more confusing..because people on here ( expats boards) are applying for different visas aswell, and there is no point having a police clearance done if you know you are applying for a visa that is going to take a few years ( some have quoted 4 or more on here) straight away..is why they say...do not do medicals.police clearance etc .they will request them.

however when applying through the family class spouse visas..we can front load everything ...clearances and medicals.

i will also say..that no where on this board has anyone that i know never had to do a medical or have a police clearance when applying through the family class.

it is a shame you didn't know before hand exactly what you needed to do. but you do now and you are getting them done. personaly i dont' think it is going to it hold up too long or if at all.

i do know however that the canadian clearance can take a tad longer then the uk ones. so i would suggest to get onto that one ASAP!......good luck..and try not to freak out too much.. it will all work out..
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

When you apply for your RCMP checks then put on the envelope that it is for immigration and a 'please return by date'- I was told that they may kindly put you towards the top of the pile. However, I only found this out after I had posted mine off - so don't know if it works or not. Expect it to take at least 40 days after you send your fingerprints off.

On the note of Police checks. I requested one from Nottinghamshire Police (where I grew up) and one from the MET (as I lived in London for two years). I didn't receive one from the MET and sent my application off with the Notts one that stated that no information was held on the Police National Computer - I am hoping that this will be enough but I am a worrier. Is it advised to send for another check from the MET police? - Sorry for the hijack.
Hi, guys!

OK, now I'm panicking! We're in the process of applying for the Spousal/common-law sponsorship and we sent out application in on July 31st, Missisauga received it August 1st and on September 6th we received the approval for my boyfriend as a sponsor. Now our application is in London waiting to be processed! My dilemma is should I have got Police Checks for myself from the Met and the RCMP?? The application that we got to fill in says that people from the United Kingdom (and other countries) did not need to supply one with the form, if need be they would be informed at a later date to supply one. So I didn't get one. Now someone on another forum is telling me that I do need to!! I looked at the online forms and it says that I SHOULD...but the form we have at home says not too...what do I do?! :curse: Do I send off for them now?! How long will it take?! I don't want it to slow down the process! Argh!!

I knew I should have just got them done at the beginning!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, guys!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Hey L'il Bear

If you no longer live in the UK, then you just have to send off form B to Scotland Yard for information held on the Police National Computer about you.

If you still live in the UK then you send off form A & B to your local force, who will check the Police National Computer about you.

Either way, you need to list all your previous addresses or for the last 5/10 years (sorry, can't remember exactly)
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Hey L'il Bear

If you no longer live in the UK, then you just have to send off form B to Scotland Yard for information held on the Police National Computer about you.

If you still live in the UK then you send off form A & B to your local force, who will check the Police National Computer about you.

Either way, you need to list all your previous addresses or for the last 5/10 years (sorry, can't remember exactly)
OK - Thank you. I listed all my addresses since the age of 18, including university addresses etc - so that's no problem. They have a police check saying that there is no information held on the Police National Computer - so that should be fine - if not then I guess they will let me know I don't currently live in the UK and have sent a RCMP check along with the application. So hopefully they have everything that they need.

I am applying outside of Canada whilst living inside - that's where I got the idea that I needed two police checks as in the guide they expect that you are still in the UK.

Thank you for your help.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

anitsirK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by L'il Bear
When you apply for your RCMP checks then put on the envelope that it is for immigration and a 'please return by date'- I was told that they may kindly put you towards the top of the pile. However, I only found this out after I had posted mine off - so don't know if it works or not. Expect it to take at least 40 days after you send your fingerprints off.
For my husband, it took about 60 days, and we put that it was for immigration, and needed ASAP on the envelope. The RCMP website says to expect to wait 120 days. I'm not sure if writing on the envelope helped, or whether they just way over-estimate the length of time that it takes. Either way, don't expect to get it back within 40 days, by any means.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Hey L'il Bear

from the met website this only applies if you USED to live in london. if you didnt ever live in london then you cant do it via the Met.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.