Help...Good Advice Needed

Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:11 am
Just Joined

andrewsg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help...Good Advice Needed

I did not quite reach enough points for the skilled visa application without a job offer. Should I either Apply for a temporary work visa and secure myself a job, then apply for permanent residency OR Go down the PNP route. If anyone has experienced this dilemma please could you advise. I have been in construction for most of my working life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help...Good Advice Needed

Originally Posted by andrewsg
I did not quite reach enough points for the skilled visa application without a job offer. Should I either Apply for a temporary work visa and secure myself a job, then apply for permanent residency OR Go down the PNP route. If anyone has experienced this dilemma please could you advise. I have been in construction for most of my working life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi
I know that certainly BC and Alberta are crying out for construction workers. Are you properly skilled in an area? Probably I would seek out a few companies in the industry and get in touch, coz if they can't fill the vacancies from within Canada, then they may offer you a job. They then do a lot of the paperwork side of things so I am led to believe. If you have done something like an apprenticeship or further study it may count towards the overall points and it may be that you didn't add it up correctly.
Good luck, as either route you suggest will be faster than waiting in this Skilled Worker queue.
Stef and Lins
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hi mate what trade are you in construction i am a carpenter and got a job offer on 17 october just waiting for my LMO the job is in calgary and i know there wanting men if this helps
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the responses, I have been in Civil Engineering, pipe-laying and road building etc.. but spoke to a representative at one of the emigrate shows and was informed that their classification would be a Cement Finisher. Out of curiosity how did you go about getting your job offer. Do you apply for a temporary work permit first or do you need the offer of employment first.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hi i got the job offer and waiting for lmo cant apply for temp visa until i get that. if you went one of the shows did you speak to warren green if not i will give you his email address email him prefreably with a copy of your cv i did mine on monster.ca he is great a top bloke
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

i have private messaged you warrens email cheers
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by redarmy990
i have private messaged you warrens email cheers
Thats really helpful..thanks. good luck with yours! Did you say that your job offer was in Alberta? which part? We are researching all areas, jobs, homes, weather etc. Minefield! Come to the conclusion to just get the job offer and go from there..Once you have your permanent residency, which takes time I know, then you can be choosey. Thanks again.