Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help with form IMM5406 and other quetions......Please!!

Wikiposts

Help with form IMM5406 and other quetions......Please!!

Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:47 am
Just Joined

nicci1973 will become famous soon enough
Default Help with form IMM5406 and other quetions......Please!!

Hi All,

We finally received our 90 day letter in November (a year earlier than expected, like many others!) and are currently gathering all the information we need, and almost have it all. I just need to clarify a few things before we go any further. We applied on the old system for simplified Federal skilled worker.
  1. On the Form IMM5406 it asks us to list brothers and sisters and we must sign a declaration to say this is complete, accurate and factual. We want to omit one family member from this list but need to know if this will have any impact on the application as this will not be complete. We are not putting this member down as any proof of a relative to help us with the application (although they are a canadian citizen) this reason being for non payment of taxes, and I didn't know if this would go against us? Also do we both need to fill in this form (1 each?)
  2. 10 years work experience - My partner has owned his own business since 2002 which is a mobile business. We have got a few references together from several previous customers but we never had any fixed contract with these will this be enough? We have some P60's to include going back to 1999 (but not consecutive) along with an old reference from the company my partner worked at which is on letter headed paper. Again will this information they need be enough? Some of the companies my partner worked for no longer exist.
  3. We have done our own photo's which match the sizing perfectly, but to me they seem a little bit 'pixley' (if there is such a word!) will these be ok to submit? My partner says they are ok!
  4. What sort of information can I send in as prove of our common-law relationship? We have lived together since 1993 but I don't have much to show for this other than our two boys. I can only find one recent mortgage statement from Dec 07, we have never had joint bank accounts. We did make a will when we had the children which shows we live at the same address and on the children's birth certificates our address is the same for mother and father.
Sorry for waffling on but any help would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to send it in and for them to refuse because of incomplete information.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year

Nicci
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with form IMM5406 and other quetions......Please!!

nicci bit short of time this am so got to do this the lazy way sorry

do a search for my posts as i have posted some detail about this form as I got mine wrong and it delayed us slightly

i should not worry to much about your errant relative they are concerned with terroism not financial stuff

unless they are terroists they do not check all the details about your relatives dont worry about it

my advice would be if its a sibling or any relative they ask for info on you simply must include it

cic take a far dimmer view of misrepresentation than they do of almost anything else

you are going to have to do some extensive digging absolutley all the info proof etc is out there somewhere even going back 30 plus years ( as in our case)

it will cost a bit for duplicate statements etc and take some time but worth the investment now rather than later

immigration requires huge effort and persistance when it comes to evidence gathering but well worth it in every possible way

give them all the proof and exactly all the info required every step of the way

huge luck
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I can't answer all of your questions, but as for photographs, we did our own and they have been absolutely fine! As long as they match the specs requested, you should be ok.

We went to a solicitor and took along the 'declaration of common law union' (or whatever its called) form. It cost us £5 each to get signed and there have been no further questions or . We didn't even have to provide proof that we were living together! (although we did take lots of stuff along with us).

Good luck
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

you will have tax returns for the business these are excellent proof of business ownership plus all your legal documents from your solicitor showing sale and purchase of the business
VAT registration docs etc and all your accounts which you will have as you have to retain these for 7 years

we also used stock/ business purchase receipts we submitted one bill for each month we owned the business

your conveyancer will be able to provide proof of joint home purchase if you havent kept any of this and your lender if you have a mortgage will be able to provide you with copies of anuual statements

up to you re photos I know they are very particular over these personally I would go to a proper photographer with the cic instructions
at least its cheap int he Uk it cost us $140 here
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi nicci1973
I thought the 90 day letter was for the purpose of updating info?, is the 4 items you've listed what they have highlighted as requiring more info on?

we used a photographer for our pics, but he pointed out the reqirements are the same as a photobooth.
I also had companies who i worked for and no longer exist, i just wrote out a letter explain what had happened and what my duties were at that company(for each one) these were also accepted by cic.
They also asked for info on our relative, she's 75 practically blind and her husband deals with all the documents/bills, we managed to get birth/marriage certs and he sent some tax returns uptil 2006 which they accepted.
Basically give them the info the ask for and you'll be fine
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your advice, it is good to have other people opinions on this. We will go away and do some more digging around, searching and more photocopying.

Chumley... I have looked through some of your posts thank you, it was a great help with the form as I would have put my partner as applicant on my form too had I not read this.

Stu-pot... The 90 day letter is asking for all our information. We applied under the simplified process, which meant we only submitted the one form with little details. Now they are after everything. We need to have this to them no later than February so we need to move quickly on this now!

Thanks again.... Happy New Year to you all
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

you are more than welcome and huge luck with your application
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Stu-Pot,

Luckily we had just had the kids passport photo's done at a photo booth, we had two left, measured them up and hey presto the size was perfect.
So we took ourselves off and got ours done there!
Thank you for your help.

</IMG>