Help finding correct NOC

Old Apr 21st 2022, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond repute
Question Help finding correct NOC

Hello!
My husband is applying for a nomination from Ontario government for PR through the OINP (Foreign Worker Stream). I am doing most of the paperwork (that's my thing). I am trying to find the correct NOC for his job. He is a Service Delivery Manager for an online gaming company (he has been in this role here in Canada for two years on an OWP). I've found two possible NOCs: 0125 and 0213. Having read the descriptions, I am still really unsure of which one it would come under, and I'm assuming we'll just need to decide on one once he discusses it with a couple of work colleagues who know more detail about what he actually does (I know the basics but not everything). It's not like a standard sort of managerial role, like an HR Manager or an IT Helpdesk manager or that sort of thing. He is a manager, but the type of work is quite niche I suppose you could say. It's managing people, but also managing online systems/platforms, dealing with clients to whom his company provides those systems, etc. Anyway, my question is, because both these codes are '0' codes, does it really matter a great deal which one he ends up using to fit his job into? Is there no advantage or disadvantage here, it's just finding the most suitable code for the role?
Thanks! :-)
Old Apr 21st 2022, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help finding correct NOC

Originally Posted by Perpetual
Hello!
My husband is applying for a nomination from Ontario government for PR through the OINP (Foreign Worker Stream). I am doing most of the paperwork (that's my thing). I am trying to find the correct NOC for his job. He is a Service Delivery Manager for an online gaming company (he has been in this role here in Canada for two years on an OWP). I've found two possible NOCs: 0125 and 0213. Having read the descriptions, I am still really unsure of which one it would come under, and I'm assuming we'll just need to decide on one once he discusses it with a couple of work colleagues who know more detail about what he actually does (I know the basics but not everything). It's not like a standard sort of managerial role, like an HR Manager or an IT Helpdesk manager or that sort of thing. He is a manager, but the type of work is quite niche I suppose you could say. It's managing people, but also managing online systems/platforms, dealing with clients to whom his company provides those systems, etc. Anyway, my question is, because both these codes are '0' codes, does it really matter a great deal which one he ends up using to fit his job into? Is there no advantage or disadvantage here, it's just finding the most suitable code for the role?
Thanks! :-)
Exactly that, it's just finding the NOC code that fits the role best. Get him to look at all the duties listed under each NOC code, and go for whichever he does most of (and can prove easily, as he'll have to do that as part of the application). He'll also need to prove he meets the criteria in the opening paragraph, so get him to check that carefully too and choose which of those fits best. From what you've said, it would be 0215 as 0213 is an IT manager job really, but he just needs to check the duties under each.

HTH, good luck to him.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help finding correct NOC

Thanks so much for the quick response and the reassurance! Yes the only reason I thought maybe it might fit under 0213 is because what he manages are online platforms, gaming platforms, and a lot of what he does involves technical/IT "stuff". Anyway, I have pulled out the description and list of duties for both and he will have to go over them and decide what fits best. I guess a discussion with his HR manager who'll likely be writing the employment letter needed will probably help too as he will have the original duty statements for his job. Thanks, I needed the reassurance that I was heading down the right path on this one!