Wikiposts

Help with a few questions please

Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

fi816 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with a few questions please

Hi,

It looks like my hubby will be landing in Canada first, he is the principal applicant, so when he lands will he have to show goods to follow lists or will it be ok for me to show them when I land.

Also what about proof of funds? as we will not have sold our house/belongings when he lands, so do not really know exact funds at that time but we will know by the time I land.

Lastly does he have to be at the airport when I land as he is the principal applicant.

Fi x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with a few questions please

Originally Posted by fi816
Hi,

It looks like my hubby will be landing in Canada first, he is the principal applicant, so when he lands will he have to show goods to follow lists or will it be ok for me to show them when I land.

Also what about proof of funds? as we will not have sold our house/belongings when he lands, so do not really know exact funds at that time but we will know by the time I land.

Lastly does he have to be at the airport when I land as he is the principal applicant.

Fi x

Hi there.

Sorry i cant answer you question although im sure there are loads of people who can, but you have confused me?????
Isnt the Canadian person (ie my hubby) the sponsor and the partner (ie me)the principal applicant.
Sorry but im on a morphine patch at the moment, reality is neither here nor there.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:29 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi,

Fi x
1, He has to show proof of funds on landing.
2. Either of you can show GTF list
3. No he doesn't have to be there when you land.
4. I'm assuming you applied as skilled worker.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1, He has to show proof of funds on landing.
2. Either of you can show GTF list
3. No he doesn't have to be there when you land.
4. I'm assuming you applied as skilled worker.

PMM many thanks for the reply. Yes we applied through skilled worker.

With the proof of funds on landing do we just have a rough guess as to what these will be? What happens if they are more than we put down as we don't know what the house/cars will sell for?

Fi x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

PMM many thanks for the reply. Yes we applied through skilled worker.

With the proof of funds on landing do we just have a rough guess as to what these will be? What happens if they are more than we put down as we don't know what the house/cars will sell for?

Fi x
Number of
family
members
Funds
required
Exception
1 $10,168 If the applicant has arranged employment as defined in R82,
they do not have to meet these financial requirements
2 $12,659
3 $15,563
4 $18,895
5 $21,431
6 $24,170
7 $26,910
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Number of
family
members
Funds
required
Exception
1 $10,168 If the applicant has arranged employment as defined in R82,
they do not have to meet these financial requirements
2 $12,659
3 $15,563
4 $18,895
5 $21,431
6 $24,170
7 $26,910
PMM again thanks for your reply. I take it the values you have listed are the requirements in order to get into the country. We will have these but my question is how do we list any monies over and above the minimum?

My understanding is that if you do not declare it on landing, you will be taxed on it when you tranfer it over.

Thanks Fi x
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

PMM again thanks for your reply. I take it the values you have listed are the requirements in order to get into the country. We will have these but my question is how do we list any monies over and above the minimum?

My understanding is that if you do not declare it on landing, you will be taxed on it when you tranfer it over.

Thanks Fi x
The only listing you have to do is if you are carrying more than 10K (cash, negotiables, securities etc) you report them to CBSA (Customs) when you land. No big deal, no taxes, they just don't want you money laundering. If the transfer is done through a bank, they do the reporting and you have to do anything.