Wikiposts

Help Federal Skill PR

Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough
Default Help Federal Skill PR

I need advice on how to change where our Visa is processed. When we submitted our application, we were still in the UK but now live in Vancouver. We just received email from the federal intake office advising us of our reference number and also advising us to submit our documents in london. How can i get them to change this to buffalo or another processing office in Canada.

Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Federal Skill PR

Originally Posted by jeff2679
I need advice on how to change where our Visa is processed. When we submitted our application, we were still in the UK but now live in Vancouver. We just received email from the federal intake office advising us of our reference number and also advising us to submit our documents in london. How can i get them to change this to buffalo or another processing office in Canada.

Thanks
What is your status in Canada?

Not sure if you can change to Buffalo now, but why do you want to?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 10th 2010 at 4:43 am.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough

We are here on 3 years work permit. I don't trust sending information in the post between here and UK, have had mails gone missing and Canadapost and Royalmail till today cannot tell me what happen to my mails and this was priority service (Registered) and I know for a fact that CIC do not send their letters registered.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We are here on 3 years work permit. I don't trust sending information in the post between here and UK, have had mails gone missing and Canadapost and Royalmail till today cannot tell me what happen to my mails and this was priority service (Registered) and I know for a fact that CIC do not send their letters registered.
Usually takes quite a bit longer via Buffalo though, so wouldn't have thought it's worth trying to change visa office just in case something goes missing. Plus of course, it's just as likely to go missing on it's way to/from the US as to/from the UK!

JMO of course. You could ask CIC if you can switch to Buffalo now but don't know if they'd let you. How long ago did you apply?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

We applied in November. Well maybe i will just stick with London. Also can we do our medicals here or do we have to go back to London.

Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

We applied in November. Well maybe i will just stick with London. Also can we do our medicals here or do we have to go back to London.

Thanks
You can do them anywhere you like, as long as it's at a DMP.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Sorry what is DMP ?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Usually takes quite a bit longer via Buffalo though, so wouldn't have thought it's worth trying to change visa office just in case something goes missing. Plus of course, it's just as likely to go missing on it's way to/from the US as to/from the UK!

JMO of course. You could ask CIC if you can switch to Buffalo now but don't know if they'd let you. How long ago did you apply?
Why does it take quite a bit longer at Buffalo? This is so depressing to know when that is where you have sent your PR application to.

You are deffinately better keeping it at the London office!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:11 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Why does it take quite a bit longer at Buffalo? This is so depressing to know when that is where you have sent your PR application to.

You are deffinately better keeping it at the London office!
Because the majority of the FSW2&3 as well as PNPs go to Buffalo. As to switching offices, here is what CIC has to say.

"Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO."
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry what is DMP ?
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Abbreviations
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Because the majority of the FSW2&3 as well as PNPs go to Buffalo. As to switching offices, here is what CIC has to say.

"Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO."
Do you know how much longer "quite a bit longer" is? And whether they process FSW2 any quicker than FSW1?