help with Education Points

Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default help with Education Points

I have the following education

Currently studying a degree with the open university part-time (THIS IS NOT FINISHED YET)

Higher National Certificate in Administration and Information Management from Forth Valley College in Scotland (this is not a university) 1 year study full time

Completed 6 years of High School full time
Completed 7 years of Primary School full time

I am looking for help in finding out the answer....I HAVE been on the cic website and looked at the table, but its not the same education, it says nothing about certificates, just diplomas, I dont know if a diploma means something different, or if my Certificate isnt valid for education points. I really need help with this if anyone can ....

Thanks

Carol
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with Education Points

Hi Carol
I will PM you
Stef

Originally Posted by scottish_maple

Currently studying a degree with the open university part-time (THIS IS NOT FINISHED YET)

Higher National Certificate in Administration and Information Management from Forth Valley College in Scotland (this is not a university) 1 year study full time

I am looking for help in finding out the answer....I HAVE been on the cic website and looked at the table, but its not the same education, it says nothing about certificates, just diplomas, I dont know if a diploma means something different, or if my Certificate isnt valid for education points. I really need help with this if anyone can ....

Thanks

Carol
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:47 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Carol
1. CIC/CHC will only count 12 years of your primary/secondary education.
2. Your certificate will not count.
3. Your degree will only count when it is complete, at that point you will get 20 points for education. IMHO>
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi..thankyou,

But my certificate is a full time education, it is required in order for me to progress onto a diploma or degree level, it is a qualification on its on...wouldnt it at least count towards the number of years study.

And what happens to the full time education in 5th and 6th year of high school? Do they not count?
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol
They will count if you took higher than GCSE qualifications....ie Highers, if they are still called that
lol
Stef

Hi..thankyou,

But my certificate is a full time education, it is required in order for me to progress onto a diploma or degree level, it is a qualification on its on...wouldnt it at least count towards the number of years study.

And what happens to the full time education in 5th and 6th year of high school? Do they not count?